It's time again to FREAK OUT.

With my charter schedule getting less busy and my Brother (who recently moved back to town) along with my Step sister (who spends the summers here now) begging me to take them out fishing, we've set this Thursday for a hopefull fishing date on the Bay.

One of the nicer things about taking the brother is that I'm under no pressure to produce and he does not mind about my experimenting with new things. Some of you may remember my Wiggle Squid experiments with him a couple of years ago that turned out fantastic with us catching a 2 man limit with 2 fish over 7 pounds. This during a time when the fishing was not that good.

Then last Fall when I modified and successfully experimented with one of Dave's Ka'Boom Lures called the Streak Freak. I renamed them Meat Freaks after the modification because of adding a crawler to the back. Well, I've taken that modification to the next level and I'm using both the trebles taken from the original lure. I'll be running all these (excuse the term) bastard lures this Thursday if we can get out. And if we do any good I'll have time to take some more neat pictures.

IM001421.sized.jpg

IM001183.sized.jpg

IM000945.sized.jpg

IM000946.sized.jpg

IM000948.sized.jpg

Keep experimenting Dan. Last time out I spent a lot of time searching. I did find some fish, but it was almost time to go in. I'm slowly shifting away from the Walleye, and getting ready for Salmon Slamin. I may check out the weather for tomorrow and see if I can get those fish I found to go. All of June and the first week in July was FANTASTIC for me. The Saginaw Bay is second to none.:)

Dang Captin Dan .... you had me all fired up for a minute!! I thought when you said 'Freak Out', I thought this was gonna be thread about that infamous lake over here on the west side, nicknamed the Freek. Can't mention the real name for fear of starting another 20 page thread .... but it is in the city of Fremont.:lol:

Good to see your posts again Dan. I made it over one time this year, wanted to stop and introduce myself ... but the only time I saw you was as you were pulling away from the gas docks.

For those of you that aint got a clue what I'm talking about .... you just had to be there at the time to understand.

Dang Captin Dan .... you had me all fired up for a minute!! I thought when you said 'Freak Out', I thought this was gonna be thread about that infamous lake over here on the west side, nicknamed the Freek. Can't mention the real name for fear of starting another 20 page thread .... but it is in the city of Fremont.:lol:

Good to see your posts again Dan. I made it over one time this year, wanted to stop and introduce myself ... but the only time I saw you was as you were pulling away from the gas docks.

For those of you that aint got a clue what I'm talking about .... you just had to be there at the time to understand.

Thanks MR. Ed.

Be happy to shake your hand anytime. ;)

Dan are those pictures of squid with worm wobblers. (i think I saw them advertised as that.) I was thinking of trying the clear on some flies behind flashers with them for salmon. I take it you had good luck?

Salmonquest.

What they are called is Wiggle Finn Action Discs. Check out the action on their web site. http://wigglefin.com I was sent some of them in a package that came with the disc, heavy leader, squid and a big siwash hook. They use the rigs on the west coast for salmon and other trout species, but have expanded their line since my crazy invention 2 years ago. Not doing the BIG WATER salmon thing anymore, I converted them over to a squid/crawler harness type rig. I used the disc, trimmed and slid the squid up on the disc, and tied in a two hook harness. Ran this rig behind 1 1/2 ounce keels and on the very first day took names and kicked azz. I have to admit though even though I continue to catch walleyes on them, I have not duplicated those first results since.