stupid question?? WI reports???

Sorry for the possibly stupid question, but I was viewing the Lake Michigan reports and saw very few reports from western lake Michigan... I.e., the Wisconsin side... Am I missing something, or is this site not really geared towards us cheeseheads... Or has it just not caught on over here yet? :confused:

Sorry, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but glangler.com has been down lately, and I have had a hard time getting my fix of WI fishing reports :D

Thanks for the input...

Whittsend

There are only a few of us that post from E. side of Michigan also. I post some reports from Lake Huron's Saginaw Bay. The site is relatively new, but as more people join from the different areas the reports get better. Try posting some reports, and maybe it will take off on your side of Lake Michigan.:) Encourage others from your area to join us.:)

Sorry for the possibly stupid question, but I was viewing the Lake Michigan reports and saw very few reports from western lake Michigan... I.e., the Wisconsin side... Am I missing something, or is this site not really geared towards us cheeseheads... Or has it just not caught on over here yet? :confused:

The site has been open for 1 1/2 years. I live in Michigan and that is where I have done the most promoting. The goal is to have fishing reports from all areas of the Great Lakes. When there is an ample amount of reports from more states, I will create sub sections under the specific Great Lake for each state. Sometimes its just a matter of someone starting the reports, and others will follow. All we need is someone to start the snowball rolling.

Mike

Sounds good, I'll try to get some posts up from the WI side...

It would be really nice to have threads that are geared towards subcategories, or regions... In my case, it would be nice to separate Western lake Michigan and Eastern lake Michigan reports... I know some guys travel, but I would think most guys hang around their home port, or at least usually fish the same side of the lake. Not that its a big deal to sort through the mixed MI/WI reports, but when I was beginning I had no idea where some of these ports were, and it was confusing... Might be faster or easier to just choose "Western Lake Michigan Reports" and not have to view all the reports from the whole lake.

I don't mean to sound rude, and I really wish all of us the best of luck on the water, but to be honest I don't have much desire to read reports from ports across the lake that I have zero knowledge about.... Maybe others do, however, just my 2 cents...

Thanks!

Whittsend

I don't mean to sound rude, and I really wish all of us the best of luck on the water, but to be honest I don't have much desire to read reports from ports across the lake that I have zero knowledge about.... Maybe others do, however, just my 2 cents...

Thanks!

Whittsend

When I first built this site, I had it broke down by lakes and states. With a small members base it was easier to put a few posts in a few forums, then to make a lot of posts in a lot of forums.

I think we have enough members now and are at a point where we can fill more forums.

I will create sub sections for states, under each of the Great Lakes. Give me a couple of days to get it done.

Mike

I don't mean to speak for everyone, I was just voicing an opinion... I posted the same question on glangler.com, and there are many people who like the larger, more encompassing thread vs the smaller sub-categorized threads... So please don't take my one opinion as the voice of the mojority because there may be others who feel otherwise.

I am headed to port wash/sheboygan this weekend, and will try to post some reports... sounds like the fishing was awesome this week, hope it continues!

:D

Thanks,

Whittsend

• 3 months later...

Whittsend,

I just discovered this site and will definately post reports next year from the WI side. I will continue to do so along with detailed info as long as it doesnt turn into the peeing match that some other sites have turned into. I will definately give out details but not coordinates :) We normally fish out of kewaunee and a few other ports if there is a tourney worth fishing. I just bought a new to me boat that I will be slipping there, so most of my reports will be from kewaunee, but I will have a little more room if anyone is looking for a ride on this side of the lake. Take care. Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wild Duck, I used to fish out of TR and still do sometimes. Those nets arent that bad. These poor MI boys have more and a lot of them are marked with milk jugs and maybe a flag. Nothing like the marking in TR.. If they could mark them just a bit better, I wouldnt grumble about them at all, well maybe a little bit. Atleast the commercial guys in TR work with the sportfisherman a bit.

Kyle

• 5 months later...

Hey Jenny Ann, I found my way over here about a month ago. It seems like a nice site. I agree that we will have to start the posts for our side of the lake. I fish out of Algoma, WI. I beleive we have seen each other at the Kewaunee Offshore Challenge last year and possibly the Algoma Challenge??

Best wishes with your new boat. I should stop down in Kewaunee someday and take a look at her. Sounds nice.

I haven't got mine out of the barn yet but will within the next week or so weater permitting.

Later, Little Nemo