Walleyes like Gulp Salties.

Had another day of strong winds on the Bay. Yesterday was really tough after 4 days of that NE blow. The surface temps have dropped 5 to 6 degrees and the water was cloudy. We only managed 7 fish yesterday with only 5 being keepers. But these were SW winds this morning and allowed me some leeway with my fishing program. Headed immediatley up-wind and against the waves, South of the Intake Crib and into 12 FOW. Set the rods and began trolling with the 1 to 2 footers that slowly built to 3 as we progressed up and away from the shoreline. Wasn't until we hit 16 FOW that we got our first fish. A nice plump 2 to 3 pounder on my Salt Water Gulp Rig. Starting slowly I kept changing over each rod to Gulp Salties. Long story short, boated 13 walleye landed 9 on the Gulp Minnows with 7 of them keepers in the half day charter. Heres the fish and the way I rigged them.

IM001414.sized.jpg

IM001413.jpg

WTG Dan. We are still running harnesses with the real thing and Gulp. We started today in 2 to 3 footers that built to 3 to 4s. We only managed 5 keepers. Fri and Sat 3 man limits and Sunday 11 keepers. Sunday was tough conditions also. Fri Sat Sun on the water so Mon I took a break. LOL It's a tough job but someone has to do it. Gotta Luv That Sag Bay.

I am still using the real "meat" on the harnesses.

I agree, BIG waves and wind yesterday.

Managed to get a 3 man limit of 18 fish had to turn and troll with the waves and wind at my back. I need to give this Gulp stuff a try out here on Erie.