Good Fishin' Au Gres

Took my brother in law out of Au Gres saturday morning. Started out with all of the lures that were productive last time I was out. Sat down in 30 fow straight out from point Au Gres. Not much happening for the first 2 hours, then we caught 4 fish in 5 minutes. One on fishlanders gobie spoon tipped with a crawler, two off blue and silver daves kaboom, the other came of an inline planer with the parrot hot n tot. Trolled a little further south with no more action, turned back around and head right back for the waypoint I just marked when we hit those 4. Doing so allowed us to pick up the rest of our 2 man limit with little effort. The daves kaboom took more, and then to my surprise the riggers with spoons kept us busy, monkey puke, and gobie spoons. At first I set the riggers for the lightest release I could, then I changed that to a rubber band off the release, thinking that the rubber band would stretch and it would be easy to see a fish there. To the contrary, you had to pay real close attention, the rubber bands were maybe to stout for the walleye. It took a good eye, and if we thought something was there we released it and for the most part when we checked they were there. Ended up with ten 3@15", biggest going 22", after those 3@15" the next smallest was 19". So it was a great trip out of Au Gres.

Good Luck

GJ JWheeler,

We have been pounding the Sag Bay also. I have used the rubber bands before and sometimes even a very large walleye will hookup and just swim with the boat. We pulled 3 man limits on Fri, & Sat and 11 fish on Sun. Sun it built quickly to 3 and 4 footers. We had a 4 yo onboard and hung it up early. Gotta Luv the Sag Bay.:)

Another great day out of Au Gres! Got an early start this morning with the same setup mentioned above. Trolled SW into them for a long time this morning, finally arrived at my most southerly waypoint and it was go time. I should mention that by the time we got there I had time to put on a lot of different lures. Once again, SPOONS..SPOONS...AND MORE SPOONS. So we finally turned around going with the waves, and our speed was to much. I cut the motor and drifted, it worked well. Fishlanders copper confusion harness took two real healthy perch! It was 80' back w/a 1-1/2oz BB. Big Jon mini disc set back 86' with a stinger walleye spoon looks like confusion. Monkey Puke walleye spoon, and the kona gold drifted on riggers 50' back & 5-7' off the bottom. Always fun...10 walleye...2 perch...& one ugly sheepshead

Good luck...

By far my best day yet out Au Gres. Not the #'s game, but the catch rate for me was my best. Same program as before, 1-1/2 oz BB on the outside poles one copper confusion, one silver, mokey puke and kona gold spoons set off the riggers straight back tight to the bottom 5'. We started fishing about 5:00 p.m., I couldn't even get the 2nd rig out before one of the confusions went. Worked a little bit and got a few rods out, but couldn't get all four for a bit. We took nine in like 1-1/2 or so hours. Mrs. Co-Pilot was starting to look a little green, and I wanted her to remember a good time not being sick, so we packed up and went in. 2 drifts over the same spot we hooked into way more then 9, brought in a 12" perch for the fryin pan, not to mention those sheepsheads, and I believe I lost my biggest walleye near the boat.

On a side note, met up w/ another angler from this site @ the campground. He goes by Priority 1, and from our conversation, I gather that he loves to fish, and is genuinely a nice person. So, it was great to meet you friend, and we will see you again...

Good Luck...

It was great to meet you and your wife Jason. I'll be on the water tomorrow morning. 5 out of 7 days last week were spent fishing. Sat I fished with a couple of guys that I met on MS. That worked out well. They got to fish some different water, and we shared a few methods. TY for sharing your campfire for an hour.

On a side note, met up w/ another angler from this site @ the campground. He goes by Priority 1, and from our conversation, I gather that he loves to fish, and is genuinely a nice person. So, it was great to meet you friend, and we will see you again...

Good Luck...

Small world...eh???? Never know when you will run into a GLF member. I was at the fish cleaning station at Fishermans Landing earlier this year and ran into a GLF member.

Nice job on the eyes! Did you cheek them?

Small world...eh???? Never know when you will run into a GLF member. I was at the fish cleaning station at Fishermans Landing earlier this year and ran into a GLF member.

Nice job on the eyes! Did you cheek them?

Not sure about Jason, but I cheek every one of mine. It only takes 10 to 15 seconds a cheek.

Thanks Mike for providing a great place to meet with fellow fishermen.:)

Well gave it a go tonight for the evening fish. Didn't know what I was in for, as I called earlier to the marina and there were reports of 5'-6' waves. Had to go anyway just to check on the vessel. Motored out and headed south to my favorite spot. We caught one channel cat, and one undersized walleye. Not a great day Didn't see anyone else out there until we set up for the 2nd drift, and not much heard on the radio either. I guess we all have bad days, and the turbulant seas didn't help either.

All I know is that I will not give up. I have one more week in Au Gres, and next weekend I will be really hunting for those eyes. Thanks Frank for coming out for a boat ride. Wish I could have put us on some more fish, but sometimes that is the way it goes.

Good Luck...

TYVM Jason for having this Grumpy Old Man onboard. We do need that Walleye chop, but those 3 and 4 ft waves were a bit much. You and Brian should have come over for that fish fry. I had seconds, and there is still fish in the refrigerator cooked and uncooked.:) I'm going to check the weather for tomorrow and maybe give it a whirl.:)

Trout ponds, no I don't catch fish there. But where it counts I can hold my own. 9 steelies & 8 walleye @ Erieau yesterday, bet you wish you were there :D:D:D

Good Luck....