Au Gres 6-26-07

Fished the morning with myself and 3 others. Sat down in 23 fow just off point Au Gres. Not much happening in that depth, except for and 8-10# cat, which was a good fight for my 12 yr old cousin. Made our way out the 33 fow south of the point is where we did the best. It was a flurrie of action for a while and then it just stopped. Harnesses behind deep diving storm thundersticks were good, hot n tots kona gold, and the one I call the parrot. Things slowed and I began to throw everything that I have in the box at them, with limited results. Threw out one spoon off a mini disc with no takers. Will hit it again this weekend and see if I can do better than 7 keepers, threw back a handful as well. Each time I go out I seem to put more in the box, with only a month in Au Gres hope to do better sooner.

Good Luck...

I was out in that area also, and it was slower for us than in the past. I had some green horns aboard that slowed us up a little. It was a nice day on the water and I got to see a 10 yo boy catch his first and several more Walleye after that. It don't get any better that. Success is not always about numbers. We did take a few fish off riggers on some standard SS spoons a few feet off bottom and 15 ft back. Still pulling crawlers off inline boards.

3 person limit Friday and Saturday. I'm going again tomorrow if the weather is right. Harnesses with Gulp did well along with the real thing. Color didn't seem to be a factor. I was showing my son how to set things up. We had 2 fish before we got set up, and shortly after that we had the first of two triples. Get em while it's hot on the Saginaw Bay.:)