Spoons in the Mud.

Headed out this morning about 7:45am into what N.O.A.A. weather and the National Weather Service called 1 footers. Ran into something else, A.K.A. 3 footers with a couple 4's thrown in. My plans of fishing NE of the Spark Plug were changed fast. So I headed up wind, straight into the steady 15 knot NW wind towards the Pinconning Bar. The running close and along the shore wasn't that bad. Ran the boat right up as close as I dare into 11 FOW. Turned with the wind and put out the spoon harnesses and Gulp 25 feet back with 1 ounce snap weights. I could tell that 3 of the 4 spoon rigs on my planner board tether line were dragging in the mud. But before I could adjust them all hell broke loose. Long story short we boated 22, keeping 15. It's all the nice fish we lost half way to the boat that still has me frustrated. Rather they were having a hard time getting the offering in their mouths because of them scraping bottom, or the Gulp was preventing them from getting a good hold. Either way, I'm replacing the back single hooks with trebels tonight and headed back out into the predicted 1 footers again tomorrow. :twisted: :twisted: :wink: 8)

IM001398.jpg

IM001396.jpg