Ashtabula June 17

We launched at 6:30am and went to east in the 40 FOW mark and found no significant numbers of fish. So we headed to the 60 FOW mark and searched with no luck. So we went back in to the 48-52 FOW and we started to mark fish. We set up with four dipsys at 3.5 and 1.5. Line out varied from 65-110. We caught fish at all depths. Trolling speed was 2.5mph. We used a variety of spoon colors. It seemed like perch was the best. The fish were really sporadic. One here, one there. We ended up with 6 walleyes and 4 steelhead. We lost as many fish we kept for some reason. I tried a new brand of snubbers out and I wonder if it had to do with anything. I have never lost that many fish in one day:confused:. One steelhead is wearing a nice stinger lip jewelery. Those things hit hard! Not a great day in all but it was fun. :D

Ray, we were going to hit your numbers but it didn't look all that great in the morining so we didn't try it out. Thanks for the tip though.

Toxic,

sounds like you guys did great. I run 25-30# flourocarbon leaders no snubbers, but we still have some shake off while jumping. A single hook works better for the trout too. I talked to a buddy today and he got his walleye limit east of Ashtabula and a couple trout. If your gonna head out this weekend give me a call and I'll give you an up to date report.

Another factor I did not think of was my buddy brought some of his spoons out with us. I switched all my spoons over Daiichi size 2 red treble hooks. Since I did that, I have not lost any fish. He has the original treble hooks on his gear. The majority of the fish were on his spoons that we lost. I think we lost one fish off of my stingers. Were gong back up Sat morning weather permitting. I work Friday night so I'll give you a call for a report Sat morning. Thanks.

According to the weather guys, it's suppossed to lay down to 2 feet or less for Friday and Saturday. I sure hope that they are close, I have some folks coming up from Pittsburgh for a day of fishing.

Toxic,

I talked to a few guys about how sunday went. One guy did well on the 53 east line in 30-40 fow. Another good report was the 55 n and 55 w, I was on the 56n and 56w saturday. I'll make some calls on thursday and see whats up, I know some guys fishing thursday. Bill I get some info for you too on Thursday.