Any good recipes for Alewives?

Because that's the majority of what I saw saw both Saturday and Sunday out of st. Joe. I ran between Gene Clock Park and the Cook Plant spynig on the other folks enjoying the glass like waters this weekend. Sure I saw a one maybe two fish being caught as I trolled by each pack of anchored boats but they we're few and far between. I heard on the radio some had caught limits but I don't know where or what size they're running. But I can tell you the alewive population all along the coast was mighty healthy. Each mark I picked up, I stopped and pitched the camera over. I was hitting the fish with the camera on they way down. I'd drift it along the bottom for a few minutes and if I din't see any Perch, I moved on. On some occasions, they we're so thick, you could see them from the surface. However, on one occasion, I was drifting along and was coming up on what I thought was a patch of weeds on the bottom, just a big circular black spot. When I drifted into it, I found it wasn't weeds but a dense, small, thick school of perch! Hit the anchor, dropped lines and picked up a few, but they were very small. Maybe I just found all of the alewives and missed all of the perch. Hopefully the view will change this week.