Port Sheldon 6-14 PM

Fished Port Sheldon last night from 7:30 to 10 pm. Ended up 4 for 5 with one King going about 12#. Started in 110' and picked up the first fish in 145' on a silver Northport with green tape and glow back 65' down on the rigger. Trolled out to 175' with nothing and turned back east. Got to 130' at about 9:30 and picked up 3 more fish by 10. One more on the same rigger. Two on a lemon glow Northport off a 12 color lead core including the big fish. Missed one on a Moonshine bloody nose glow on the 10 color lead core. First time out for the Lund this year so it was good to put a few fish in the boat. Hope to get out a little more in July. Didn't get home until midnight so I'm feeling the effects today.

Lef T

Fished Port Sheldon last night from 7:30 to 10 pm. Ended up 4 for 5 with one King going about 12#. Started in 110' and picked up the first fish in 145' on a silver Northport with green tape and glow back 65' down on the rigger. Trolled out to 175' with nothing and turned back east. Got to 130' at about 9:30 and picked up 3 more fish by 10. One more on the same rigger. Two on a lemon glow Northport off a 12 color lead core including the big fish. Missed one on a Moonshine bloody nose glow on the 10 color lead core. First time out for the Lund this year so it was good to put a few fish in the boat. Hope to get out a little more in July. Didn't get home until midnight so I'm feeling the effects today.

Lef T

Thanks for the report,

What was the water temp and did you try in 60' of water at all and if you did. Was there any fishy marks there.

Cazzzzzz

Water temps were at 58 in close and mid 60's out deep. Didn't try fishing in close and didn't notice any marks in there either. We wanted to fish in 70 to 80 at dark but didn't make it after taking fish in that 130' range.

Water temps were at 58 in close and mid 60's out deep. Didn't try fishing in close and didn't notice any marks in there either. We wanted to fish in 70 to 80 at dark but didn't make it after taking fish in that 130' range.

I just wondered if you ever check out the temp chart on Lake Michigan on this site. I just looked at it and its telling me that the water temp rolled over at Port Sheldon. I allways check it out but just seems its never right because it allways cloudy. Its like reading 40-50 deg right now. I sure hope so then I'd fish up close.

Cazzzz