The lake was great yesterday so we finally got out again, Fished the sunken island off of the light.

We worked in out and all around. Not many boats out early but we went in at 1000 and the boats were out in the trench and down south as well, not much on the radio for action.

Water temp was near 59 close to shore and got 52 just past the island. There was a wicked current too.

Picked up a brown on top of the island and went 1 for 2 as we slide off the NW side in 110 to 150 FOW in the 52 degree surface temp: 10 foot on the rigger and a 60 foot dipsy fired but it came up dry. Greens spoons.

The NW side and the deeper side of the trench had bait in it but marked very few fish all day. Also had a nice thermocline about 35 down.

Thought there would be more reports from this area but I am sure it will be quiet like last year, come on guys stop being so tight lipped. I know one charter yesterday that could have used help finding fish. This area is big and complicated to fish.

BF,

It is not that we do not like to give out reports, it is just there is so many guys that will not give you a good report up there. The capt's like to keep it to themselves, but if they can't catch anything then they start crying, I love it whe that happens. We were all alone yesterday, and that is why the fish were active as long as they were. The fish went deep when the sun started getting high, keep that in mind. You were in the right are, keep at it, check the wall off the light house, the browns and eye will be there any time. Oh, the kings like to hang there also. I will be out next week, if I do anything I will report back, Good Luck this weekend.

Rich

Thought there would be more reports from this area but I am sure it will be quiet like last year, come on guys stop being so tight lipped. I know one charter yesterday that could have used help finding fish. This area is big and complicated to fish.

The site has only been open for just over 1 year. I live in Michigan, and this is where I have done the most promoting of the site, and where most of the members are from. As the site grows, there will be more members from your area, and you will start to see more reports.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean on the bad reports, we tried helping a private boat out last year because we were pounding the kings but they would not even answer us. I am not longer fishig tournements so have no reason to hid info.

BF,

It is not that we do not like to give out reports, it is just there is so many guys that will not give you a good report up there. The capt's like to keep it to themselves, but if they can't catch anything then they start crying, I love it whe that happens. We were all alone yesterday, and that is why the fish were active as long as they were. The fish went deep when the sun started getting high, keep that in mind. You were in the right are, keep at it, check the wall off the light house, the browns and eye will be there any time. Oh, the kings like to hang there also. I will be out next week, if I do anything I will report back, Good Luck this weekend.

Rich

I was not able to get out yesterday, winds out of the NNW 20-30, 3-4 fts in the harbor, did not even look fun out there. I will try to get out next week, I hope to hear some reports. I looke dout on the lake today at work, 3-5's out of the N with lots of white. Becareful if you venture out.

Rich