Dive Bombs

Just wondering if anybody has used the 4oz dive bombs. I am pretty new to Salmon fishing on the big lake and have just set up a couple of lead core poles. I was watching a fishing show and they were using them. What I am wondering is how much depth do they add to a full core and where on the setup should the be placed. Thanks for any help.

Dive Bombs just became available to everyone this year. I spoke with Rob and Terry at MiStinger about them. This is what they had to say about them.

Dive Bombs are a planing(has a bill) add on weights. The bill helps get a little extra depth. The depths the different size Dive Bomb's achieve is not fully known. Mark Romanack has samples of all of the sizes of Dive Bombs. In the next precision trollers guide, Mark is suppose to publish the depths. I am hoping the depths are given to MiStinger before the books is published. Then we will all know.

With a full core and a 4oz Dive Bomb, fish were being caught from the 68-75' range.

Rigging: The planing bill goes toward the boat, and the plug slides in from the opposite side. Run 5 colors of your core out, then attach the Dive Bomb to the core. Let out the rest of your core, and any extra backing you wish to have out, attach your planer board, and send it off to the side.

I have been running them this year.

Mike

Mike,

Do you know where in the area these are being sold. I would like to pick up a couple.

Nick

Nick

Our advertiser Aurora Lite Tackle has them for sale. Give Ray a call. He also has GREAT prices on Michigan Stinger Spoons, including the Nitro Series.

Ray(monkeypuke) will be at the Stinger Challenge, fishing with me.

Thanks for the help. I bought a couple of them from Aurora lite tackle along with some spoons. I have also seen them at Gander Mountain in Grandville.

Thanks for supporting our advertisers.

What color spoons did you order?????