Grand Haven Report June 4

Fishing has slowed out of Grand Haven. Good catches of Lake Trout are being taken along with a few King Salmon and Steelhead as well. The best fishing has been from 130-170 feet of water and also from 265-350 feet of water. Downriggers 60-160 feet down, 3-20 colors of Lead Core, 150-450 feet of Copper and Divers 120-250 feet back have all been producing well. The Blue Cory's Bait Stingray, Natural Born Killer Stingray, Carmel Dolphin regular-sized Stinger and Stingray, Jawbreaker regular-sized Stinger, Goldie Locks regular-sized Stinger and Stingray, Orange Crack regular-sized Stinger, Stinger Pox Stingray, Glo Dolphin Stingray and a Blue Killer Stingray have all been good producing spoons. A few fish are also being taken on flasher/fly combinations. An 11 inch Pro-Troll ProChip White/Glow flasher with an Oceana Rapture Fly has been very good all year from St. Joe to Whitehall along with an 8 inch Pro-Troll ProChip White flasher with a Hit Man No-See-Um Rapture Fly or an Oceana Rapture Fly. Other flies that have been working are the Hypnotist LG Rapture Fly, Last Supper Rapture Fly and Blue No-See-Um Rapture Fly.

Congratulations to My Tiara and Strike Zone for winning the PRO and AM divisions of the Grand Haven Offshore Challenge! It was an excellent tournament and congratulations to everyone else as well!

holy cow who reels the 20 color lead core in??i would need electric retrieve for that rod!!does it catch fish?it must or you wouldn't use it.hey i do have a 19 yr. old sun who does little else!he can reel that in! if my math is right that should be a bout 850 ft before the fish hits right?

Thanks Phil! We made one of the largest comebacks I can ever remember in the PRO division... 19th to 4th!

Yes, Chip is still running the Hit Man. He is in his 30th year of chartering full-time out of Grand Haven!!!