Ashtabula June 3rd

We hit Ashtabula and headed west out of the harbor for about a mile in 45 FOW. We picked up 1 eye real quick. We were using dipsys with gold stingers. We had the outside set at 3.5 at 60 and the insides at 2.5 at 55-60. Trolling speed was at 2-2.5mph. We tried using other colors, but gold was the only thing they would hit on. We ended up with 13 eyes. The smallest was 15", the majority were between 19-22". My buddy's boy caught a real nice 27.5" eyes. Wind was from the west then it switched on us from the east and that's when the fishing died. The weather held out for us until 4. We made it in just before a big storm hit on the way home.

Great info, thanks toxic! We pulled fish with the divers set even shorter, 50 back on 3, and 40 on a 1 setting. Mostly copper Stingers and a couple silver. Your lucky you missed the storm it rained like crazy, one big red blob went right over Ashtabula.

Great info, thanks toxic! We pulled fish with the divers set even shorter, 50 back on 3, and 40 on a 1 setting. Mostly copper Stingers and a couple silver. Your lucky you missed the storm it rained like crazy, one big red blob went right over Ashtabula.

We hit it just as we got on RT 11 south. It was a solid wall of water coming down. I couldn't even see that road. I am glad we left when we did. I forgot to mention I did catch 1 eye and a white bass on my downrigger set at 26'. We also lost 2 eyes at the boat on small stingers. That is when I switched over to the big stingers.

Hey Toxic,

I fished a little out of Ashtabula Friday. Set up right out side the light houses trolled north and started marking fish right away. Caught 6 in a hurry, depth 45 foot, jet 40 back 100. Walker 82mm diver back 45-50 on a 0 setting and ran them off the boards. Storms where moving in from the west and had to head in.

Hey Toxic,

I fished a little out of Ashtabula Friday. Set up right out side the light houses trolled north and started marking fish right away. Caught 6 in a hurry, depth 45 foot, jet 40 back 100. Walker 82mm diver back 45-50 on a 0 setting and ran them off the boards. Storms where moving in from the west and had to head in.

Cool! I gave my numbers to two other guys and they both limited out. I cannot get out this weekend. The wife has Military. I plan on going out next Sunday. I hope that they are still there for us! Those storms were pretty intense yesterday, smart move heading in.

Is that your fish cleaning station at your house?

Yes it is. It is a 7' stainless steel table that I added a bar sink, faucet, and sprayer with a quick hose disconnect. I have a 10' hose connected to the drain so it's drains out and away. I am also adding power for electric knives and casters for easy moving around. And the table has a drawer so I can have all my supplies at hand.

Priority1, he is definitely hooked. He loves to get out with us.

Yes it is. It is a 7' stainless steel table that I added a bar sink, faucet, and sprayer with a quick hose disconnect. I have a 10' hose connected to the drain so it's drains out and away. I am also adding power for electric knives and casters for easy moving around. And the table has a drawer so I can have all my supplies at hand.

WOW! Nice set up!