I pulled away from the slip at 5:40am. I was nice and waited 20 minutes for a no show. :mad: We ended up 6 for 7. 3 kings and 3 steelhead. We caught fish from 80-160FOW.

I shut down in 80 FOW and started setting lines. What a nice sunrise.

sunrise.jpg

While I was setting lines a rigger that was set at 70' fired. The fish was a small king, and it came on a fixed slider on a Stinger Stingray NBK.

Our next line to fire was at 7:00am. It was a 2 color core with a Stinger Stingray Carmel Dolphin. This ended up being a small steelhead.

At 7:10am a full core goes. I grabbed the rod, felt it was a nice fish and handed the rod off. Got the board in the boat and a minute later it came un buttoned :( This was on a Stinger Stingray Mixed Veggies.

At 8:00am we had made it out to 125FOW. I had the center rigger down 100' when it went off. This ended up being a nice king pushing 14lbs. It came on a Stinger Mag Green Dolphin.

king_46086.jpg

Our next action came at 9:00am when the 2 color core with the Stinger Stingray Carmel Dolphin went again. This was another small king.

The next couple of hours were slow, hot, and with lots of flies. We picked up a hitch hiker along the way. We watched him eat several bugs.

hitch_hiker.jpg

Our next fish came at 11:00am. It was on a 2 color core with a Stinger Stingray Craig's X-mas. This was a small steelhead.

At 11:35am, the same 2 color core with the Stinger Stingray Craigs X-mas went again. This was another small steelhead.

We pulled lines at 12:30pm and headed in.

The wind died down, and the lake was like glass. I am not sure what was worse. The Cottonwood, flies, or all the crap floating in the lake. I caught several old ballons, and a large piece of bubble wrap.

I heard there is a large log floating in front of the piers in 80FOW.

There was a picnic table floating upside down in Muskegon Lake.

All in all, it was a pretty good day on the water.

Mike, glad to hear the june slow down has hit your boat too. We set up on Saturday in about 140, just north and out side of the nets around 7:00. Took a small king on a black and purple magnum Pro King 80 down on a rigger. Didn't take another bumb for an hour, when a silver with orange glow tape went down 50 on a rigger in about 210 fow. Lost that one. Went until about 9:45 without a hit after that. I was just noticing we were getting into the scum line around then when the lines started to go. From then until around 10:45, we went 5 for 6. 3 steelies, 2 kings. 2 steelies on 7 color core, 1 blue dolphin, on orange/yellow/silver Northern King. 1 steelie on 5 color core with double orange crush. Kings came down 120 on Blue Spin Doctor and blue bubble fly. Pulled lines at 11:00 ending 6 for 8. Looks like the fish know it is June, this was a far cry from last weekend when we took 25 hits on Saturday and 15 on Monday:(

How about that fog???? Boats kept popping out of no where.

No Kidding, my cousin was out on Saturday too, and he almost ran my boards over! Good thing it was him, because he turned off quick to keep from making a mess of our gear.

I Went north on saturday and went 2 for 5 in 160 to 180 fow. I heard Kings around on the radio and I called for GLF but no response. Mike did did you get your radio figured out yet?

I Went north on saturday and went 2 for 5 in 160 to 180 fow. I heard Kings around on the radio and I called for GLF but no response. Mike did did you get your radio figured out yet?

I called for you several times....but no answer.

Seems to be, I have a range problem. Next to be checked is the antenna.

got the boat out for a evening trip last wednesday.we went 5-6 with 4 fish comming on full core,mixed vegie,blue dolfin.we also took one on a rigger at 70 ft down,green dolfin.

fish came from 135-150,north of channel,watch out for the double set of nets there,jt boat

The fish are still here but they are really "greasy" if you know what I mean. The Lake trout fishery is as good as it's ever been but you need to sort through the fish. a lot of lakers running in teh 18-24" catagory. best set up white fender w/chartreuse s-n-glow or bells with teh sam rig trailing behind. LOW AND SLOW and you'll catch them every time. other riggs working are tash can fender w rapture green fern or white fender with rapture hit-man no see um.

CAPT. PHIL RUN_N_GUN CHARTERS

www.rngcharters.com