Bought Last Friday.........

muskybob

She's not rigged yet but I couldn't wait to post the pics. I'm so happy........

dcp_0623.jpg

dcp_0625.jpg

dcp_0626.jpg

dcp_0627.jpg

I haven't even taken the old registrations numbers off her yet. This week I'll get the riggers on. (hopefully) My buddy is making up a rigger board for me.

She is a beauty Bob. I'm glad that you finally connected on a good boat.:)

Me too. Thanks to you and others on the board for keeping their eyes open for me.

She's a '96 Starcraft Islander221V.

looks to be a fine vessel,i,m sure that many a salmon will rue the day that muskybob trolled threw there neighborhood.

also the 4.3 sips fuel and still has decent power,we have one in our 24' fiberglass and it will run 35 mph or so...

anyway congrats on the new ride it looks great!

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be dipping into the vast storage of knowledge on this site. I've never owned an I/O before and there's a lot I have to learn. I'm trying to get the owner's manual from the previous owner but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.:( I should know by the end of the week if he's gonna find it and send it. But, for now, LET"S GO FISHING!!!

I own one and the biggest advantage is fuel economy. I filled mine up today after two fishing trips, and it took 11 gallons. I had about 15-18 miles running and a total of about 8.5 hrs on the water counting the running and trolling. It has a 4 cyl 140 Mercruiser IO, and is a 22 footer. It fishes well, and trailers easy. I can fish with 4 comfortably, 5 not too bad, and 6 if I have to. It handles well in 4-5 foot seas.:)

It's rigged with 4 old Cannon electrics. Here is a pic of my nephew that shows one corner of the boat. Musky Bob's thread is turning into a Starcraft Islander ad. I hope Bob doesn't mind.:)

Not a bit. I'm getting a lot of input from it that I can use too. Keep it coming, maybe I can get Starcraft to kick in a few bucks for the free advertising. :grin::read:

Bob,I cant wait to see your boat all rigged up. It sure looks fantastic. It looks like it was well taken care off.

Mine has a lot of hrs on it, is a little rough around the edges, and is old and slow. I think that's why I bought it. I can use the same description for me.:)

I can't believe the number of guys that have Islanders on this site. No wonder they're so hard to find. I wish I could find an original owner's manual for mine. I wrote the guy who owned it before me but so far he hasn't responded. He must not have it any more and it wasn't with the boat.

• 3 weeks later...

i had similar problem with our boat(no manual)what i was really concerned with was the engine and out drive so i started looking on ebay and found a brand new in the package shop manual that covered both engine and outdrive.i got lucky and bid on it for $15 no one else bid so by the time i paid shipping it was $21,now it looked that i could have bought one anytime for bout $45 but i shopped and lucked out,give it a try.:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the rigger board w/lure box my buddy made, and 6 rodholders mounted. All I have left to do is mount a net holder and I think I'll be done for a while. I mounted my 2 manual Cannons, 2 rodholders on the rigger board and 2 on each gunnel. There are 5 rod stations in front of the doghouse you can't see, but I've got my wire rod standing in the middle one. Took her up to Oswego yesterday to try out the rigger setup and it worked just fine. Unfortunately the fish weren't cooperating but it was a good day on the water anyway.

dcp_0628.jpg

dcp_0629.jpg

Well at least you got out and did a shakedown cruise, to check things out. She is looking good Bob. Do you have a swim platform to hold a cooler? One of these years I would like to drag Priority1 over to Lake Ontario and fish for a couple of weeks in August. We have been doing fantastic on Walleye this year. It's getting close to the time when I will start targeting Salmon, then Lake Perch. I have 2 friends going out with me tomorrow AM.:) That is one sweet boat you have Bob. But you know I'm partial towards Islanders. :)

Thanks Frank. Yes, there is a swim platform on her. When I mounted the rigger board and rodholders I made sure I was still able to access the cooler and net fish off the back if I had to. That's why I mounted the board 4 inches high. The lurebox really works out nice too. Before I start out, I put my favorites lures, flies, flashers, etc. in there so I don't have to fumble around when I want to change over.

From the pics you've been sending, it looks like you're really banging the walleye. Lookin good. They're my favorite eating fish. I'm going for them this weekend with a buddy that helped me set up my boat. I made up some worm harnesses this past winter for the first time and they really worked great in the Spring.

I'm in my first Pro/Am salmon tourney next weekend out of Sodus Bay on Lake Ontario. I'm excited to see how we do. Let me know if you decide to fish Lake O sometime. It's a great fishery.

Thanks Joe. My buddy made it out of some scraps he had laying around. The board is pine, and the box is cherry. Both are covered top & bottom with marine spar varnish. I'm curious to see how it holds up to being outside all the time in the weather.