God Bless America.

By 1944 my grandparents had 3 gold stars in their bay window. This meant all three of their sons were in the armed forces fighting for this country's freedom. My dad in Italy and my 2 uncles island jumping their way to Japan. Back then the mission and the enemy seemed very much clearer then in today's conflicts. Starting with Vietnam, politics and public opinion ate away at our honest intentions, resolves and strategies for wining that and now this present war. We all have our own opinions about what's right, wrong and the way we should resolve conflicts with other countries and nations. But no opinion should get in the way of the respect that we should all feel for the ones fallowing every order (politically popular or not) that allows us to even have an opinion. God Bless this country and God bless and keep those brave men and woman defending it. Happy Memorial Day Vets.

Thanks for your message. We have one blue star in our window. My Son, A Navy Corpsman is embedded in the 1st Marine Division and will deploy to IRAQ this September. He and his fellow marines and corpsmen appreciate knowing that at least some of their fellow Americans are behind them. I feel this is as important a war as you could have and the reasons for fighting were never clearer given the ultimate goals of our adversaries. Its also unlike any other conflict we have had in the past and will be long and difficult with a determined enemy who has little value for life, even his own, and has a time table for victory measured in generations.

Ray

Ray, thanks for the sacrifices you and your son are making. Too many people are jumping ship on the war in Iraq. Our troops need to know that we support them, and what they are doing there.

I did 4 years in the worlds GREATEST Navy, and am proud to say I am a vet!

I can think of a couple of presidential candidates that are for cutting the spendings on the war. That is no way to show support for our troops. Neither one of them will get my vote come election time.

Has anyone noticed that since congress started voicing that they want the troops out, the insurgencies level of violence has gone up thus putting our troops in more harms way? Politics need to stay out of the military. We have learned nothing from Vietnam. God bless our troops!

Guys,

Thanks for your voices of support. It's good to know that we have such solid citizens and as well as veterans in the group. Just spoke to Matt, he just got back from a 10 day training exercize in the high desert of California (29 Palms MCB). He asked me to pass along his thanks and that of his fellow troops. They actually had a sand storm for a couple of days.. good training. He is in a Light Armored Recon Battalion and his platoon did well during their live firing exercises. The XO of the battalion said their Platoon did the best, so Matt and his buddies were pretty excited. He will be home on leave for two weeks before he deploys. We all can't wait to see him. I'm looking forward to taking him fishing!

Thanks for keeping our troops in your prayers. I believe in prayer more all the time, so please keep it up.

God Bless you all,

Ray