wire diver ?

heres what my questoin is, im setting up a pair of wire rods and was woundering if i should use silver wire or the darker colerd stuff

also i seen big difference in price 1000ft or g-fly wire is around 25 dollers and mason is like 40

thanks terry:)

What is the advantage of wire over lead core?

Wire is used to attach dipsies or # balls and thumper rigs to. No stretch to it and weight of the line helps achieve deeper depth.

Lead is used as a weighted line and has a lure attached to it. Lead has a rise and fall effect to it when it speeds up or slows down.

Basically 2 different useful presentations to use.

What is the advantage of wire over lead core?

Another big factor is line diameter. A few thousandths of an inch may not seem like much, but the diamter of the fishing line has a drastic effect on the amount of drag and lift you get from the line. In short, you can run dipseys with less drag down deeper with less line out with smaller diameter lines. The added weight effect of wire lines also helps pull dipseys by helping to cancel out the effect of line drag through the water.

Terry--I don't use wire, but I do have my dipseys set up with 30# superbraid(Spider Wire) and like it very much. However, my fishing buddy does uses wire on his two wire divers and has not had any issue the last two seasons using it. I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it was one of the cheaper spools because I was there when he bought it.

Another big factor is line diameter. A few thousandths of an inch may not seem like much, but the diamter of the fishing line has a drastic effect on the amount of drag and lift you get from the line. In short, you can run dipseys with less drag down deeper with less line out with smaller diameter lines. The added weight effect of wire lines also helps pull dipseys by helping to cancel out the effect of line drag through the water.

Terry--I don't use wire, but I do have my dipseys set up with 30# superbraid (Spider Wire) and like it very much. However, my fishing buddy does uses wire on his two wire divers and has not had any issue the last two seasons using it. I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but it was one of the cheaper spools because I was there when he bought it.

Ditto on the 30# Spider wire braid. It's small diameter and low stretch characteristics make it a good choice for pulling Dipsys. Everything has it's pros and cons. Four of the advantages over wire is cost, less kinky:lol:, not likely to cut another line if they happen to cross, and easier to handle and tie. I have been using Spider Wire Braid on my Dipsys for 7 or 8 years. Never a problem tripping the Dipsy. I only run the braid on my low divers. I use Slide Divers for my high divers and use mono on them.:)

30 lbs. fire line has been working very well on our dipseys for the past 3 yrs. i dont even have a "wire rod" although i admit i have been thinking on getting one if for no other reason than to see what i have been missing.but back to the fire line it dives very well has never broken off and i have only had to tie it once.

sorry for the confusetoin but the questoin is bassed on wire NOT BRAID,

witch brand is better mason or g-fly do to the large price differance {mason 44 dollers for 1000 ft and g-fly 27 dollars for the same amount}

also on the color silver or coffey colerd witch is better also thanks tangled mess for the reply that is what i was looking for

I have two reel with 20 # 7 strand silver color, I used it with my slider diver for the past 2 year and i'm verry satisfied.

Only negative point is: when you had newbies with you, this kind of wire need to be reeled verry tigh, and if not, you will get proble, m for sure, when you will have a touch.

Me I used wire by miself and I get more touch with it, but with newbies, I use braided power pro, even if I had'nt the same signature and some day's less touch, I prefer that way.

Remember to always reel it tigh, and use at less an twillie tip on your rod.

This year if I find it, I will try the brown color in 20#. (Until now I never seen an brown spool on shop, so can't buy it. The first one I see, i'll grab it for sure.)

Can't say difference between the two, as I always used one or the other on my boat or on friend boat, so can't know if one is better than the other. But for now I think they are about equivalent.

Marijo