Cazniks 2007 Turkey Hunt

caznik

Day 1

Oh Man,

Got out of work this morning at 7:30am and headed out for the woods that I hunt. Took a long walk to the spot where I usally deer hunt and sat down at 8:15am. Got my mask on and my call out and gun pointed ready to where something maybe coming from. I used my call one time and herd a GOBBLE. I then waited for 15 sec. and called again and herd GOBBLE GOBBLE and that time it was really close. I sat my call down and it was 10 sec. later I seen it coming to me. It got up to me around 35-40 yards and took a shot with my 10 gauge and MISSED..:angry2: I couln't beleve it when I seen that darn turkey get up a run off. It was a pretty big one and yesssssss I know I did have turkey fever.

let you know more about cazniks hunt for 2007,

Rich

Now come on Rich thats suppose to be buck fever, not turkey fever. Were you hunting on your lease next to us? Leave a couple birds for my brother and I, we both have the second season. Let me know if you are seeing many on our side of the fence and maybe I can meet you out there and let you take a poke at them. What time are you normally out and about, I think I am headed that way tomorrow and I will drop that bow off to you.

Now come on Rich thats suppose to be buck fever, not turkey fever. Were you hunting on your lease next to us? Leave a couple birds for my brother and I, we both have the second season. Let me know if you are seeing many on our side of the fence and maybe I can meet you out there and let you take a poke at them. What time are you normally out and about, I think I am headed that way tomorrow and I will drop that bow off to you.

Steve,

Yes yesterday I seen the biggest tom that I ever seen at the woods next to yours. When I shot at it, it happen to go in your feild. I didnt see it till 9am but I never got out there till 8am after work.

Rich

Day 2

Went to a different woods across from my house to see if I couldn't get one there. I got set up at 8am and herd lots of them gobbling. Had one hen come up to me about 5 yards and seen a tom around 50 yards but no close shots. It was very nice out in the woods this morning and will try it again tomarrow morning.

Rich

It got up to me around 35-40 yards and took a shot with my 10 gauge and MISSED..:angry2: I couln't beleve it when I seen that darn turkey get up a run off. It was a pretty big one and yesssssss I know I did have turkey fever.

Rich

How bout a pic of the Cazman, so we can see if you scope yourself with TurkeyFever, like you do with DeerFever!:no:

Day 4

Went out again hunting next to Huntingfools property and seen one jake. I called it in to me and it happen to get 10 yards from me and just let it go. The weather wasn't to bad this time and I didn't get soked like I did yesterday morning. I will try again later tonight or in the morning tomarrow.

Caznik

Day 5

Well looks like I got my turkey this morning. I got out of work and raced to my woods next to huntingfool43's. I started walking in the woods towards the back part of it where I allways go deer hunting. Well all the time when I go spring turkey hunting I allways sneak up this big hill where I have to sit just in case I see any up there when I get there. Well as a snuck up the hill I seen one big tom about 20 yards in full strutt and his but pointed my way. I sat on my butt to get ready for the shot and waited for 5 min. for the tom to turn around. It wouldn't turn so I made a gobble noise with my mouth and then the toms tail feathers went down and his head and neck stretched out so I could make my shot. BANG I got my 2007 tom this year with my Remington SP-10 10 gauge. This tom was 21 lbs. and had a 9" beard with 1" spurs.

Rich :D

Caznik's Turkey

DSCF2514.JPG

Day 5

Well looks like I got my turkey this morning. I got out of work and raced to my woods next to huntingfool43's. I started walking in the woods towards the back part of it where I allways go deer hunting. Well all the time when I go spring turkey hunting I allways sneak up this big hill where I have to sit just in case I see any up there when I get there. Well as a snuck up the hill I seen one big tom about 20 yards in full strutt and his but pointed my way. I sat on my butt to get ready for the shot and waited for 5 min. for the tom to turn around. It wouldn't turn so I made a gobble noise with my mouth and then the toms tail feathers went down and his head and neck stretched out so I could make my shot. BANG I got my 2007 tom this year with my Remington SP-10 10 gauge. This tom was 21 lbs. and had a 9" beard with 1" spurs.

Rich :D

Caznik's Turkey

DSCF2514.JPG

I dont see the turkey listed under caznik's catch! Whats up with that? are we just limited to fish?

I thought about doing the same thing exept I would list everything coons,oposoms, stray dogs, stray cats,etc. if you get it you list it.

Nice bird.

I dont see the turkey listed under caznik's catch! Whats up with that? are we just limited to fish?

I thought about doing the same thing exept I would list everything coons,oposoms, stray dogs, stray cats,etc. if you get it you list it.

Nice bird.

Good idea,

I will get that done right now...:D