Slow.  Fished from 6:30 until 1:30.  Fished from 100-200 fow a bit north of Pentwater then moved straight out of Ludington into 400 fow.  Then moved close to big point.

Got hits at 12:30 and 1:30, both decent kings.  160 fow a few miles north of port.  300 copper with a torpedo diver to get extra depth.  So like a 400/450 copper?  A blue Lake Shark spoon took both hits.

Tried spoons flashers flies meat slow fast zig zags etc.

• Like 5

Smart to put a 12oz torpedo diver on the 300 Cu.  I was collecting data on Monday night with my Smart Troll.  330' Cu was only getting down 44' at 2.5mph.  Adding the 12oz torpedo diver or a 16oz lead ball brought the presentation down to 60'.  The Smart Troll system is providing me a good education on depths of my baits.

• Like 5

Attached is a one page article from GLA in 2013 authored by Capt. Greg Mariuz of Profishient Charters, Saugatuck MI containing CU and Pb core data trolling at 2.5mph.  For comparative purposes, the data I collected used a depth raider to calibrate speed to 2.5mph down 45' at the ball (typically reads 3.3mph SOG on GPS).  A mag spoon was on the business end of a 70' Fluorocarbon leader and the probe was attached a few feet prior to the Cu-Fluorocarbon union.  10 passes of Power Pro backing (~70') were let out after the Cu union left the rod tip to get the Cu fully underwater.  I did not experiment with letting out more backing which might place the bait deeper.  My Penn 330 GTIs will only hold 370' of 30lb Power Pro backing prior to the initial 4 passes of dacron on the spool so I stick to 10 passes to get things submerged.  I spooled up the Cu reels in 2014 and could not find a receipt or empty spool so my best guess is I used 45lb Cu.

Cu and Pb Core Depths from GLA Aug-Sep 2013.pdf

• Like 1