Got the boat back from storage the day before and rushed to get everything aboard for the last day of beautiful weather. Went straight out to about 50 fow and just drove a bit trying to figure out a game plan. Wasn't marking anything so decided to just check out a few spots. Maybe a dozen other boats were out and basically all scattered. One up by shore, a couple out deeper, some south, some north. I headed towards the shelf and stopped several times to check for fish. Just wasn't marking anything. Eventually, I started marking a few and decided to switch motors and drop lines. Ran one rigger and two planers. This was the first time trying out new Amish trolling bags and it took a little time away from fishing setting them first amidships, then towards the bow. The jury is still out on those. They worked fine, just not sure if they helped much in any way. Anyway, I did get an 8# Laker on 150' weighted steel. I was running a brown edge Salmon Candy flasher and bluish fly on that line. The other planer had a Thunderstick for a while, then flasher and fly. I tried several different spoons on the rigger. I didn't go super shallow as I got out just about sunrise and most boats were moving out already. It was a fun first trip and hope to get out soon again. Tight lines! IMG_20230415_112239433.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 3