Caznik's Lake Michigan Fishing Report 4/20/07

Hello Member's,

Well sorry for the late report but I worked third shift and went fishing right after work and by time I got home and cleaned fish, I was pretty tierd and just went to bed. Well fishing at St. Joe was very hot and it was the best time I ever had fishing there ever. The fishing was very hot and it did not matter what you put down in the water they just wanted it. My crew was Sea-Mac and Rdfishin and they are very good fishermen and I had a great time fishing with them. I cannot remember what we ended up with, but I think it was like 13 coho's, 1 king, 1 laker, and 1 brown. We started fishing around 10am and pulled lines at 3pm. Riggers worked best for us at 11-20 foot down and the two color and the three color cores worked the best for us on boards. Also the plain mono worked for us with a one ounce weight on it. Use any rapals, husky jerks, thin fins, and small or reg. sizes spoons. We fished at 30-40 foot of water all day long till we got our limit of cohos and then tried it out at 50-55 and there was nothing out there. Later on we went up in 15-20 foot of water and all we did was caught cohos while we was tring for browns, so we just went home. The lake temp was 47 deg at 30-40 foot of water and 50-55 was only 44degs. If you want to hit the big lake you better go at St. Joe because the fishing is really hot there right now.

Good luck and hope you can make it out,

Caznik

DSCF2433.JPG

Rdfishing reeling in a fish

DSCF2434.JPG

Rdfishing with his big 17lb. king caught on a clown huskey jerk fishing with a two color fishing rod.

DSCF2435.JPG

Cazniks crew was Rdfishing to the left and Sea-mac to the right. We took home 8 coho's, 1 brown, and 1 king. We also got check by the DNR and I asked him for a picture of him with my crew and he LOLed and went away. It was pretty funny because he didnt want his picture taken.

Congrats Caz, and crew.

Glad to see you guys had a good time.]We still can't get out of my Harbor yet, supposedly by next week.

I just have one question?

Was you playing the "fish on" song while you were fishin ? ? LOL

I had a great time fishing with you guys yesterday it was awesome, nice meetin you Roger and thanks for taking us out Rich. We were singin our own fish on! song about every 5-10 minutes at the start there shu. I think we had 1 triple and at least 2 doubles ourselves. Im jus gettin home from my sons ball game and its a little to late now to head out so were gonna hit Holland early tomorrow morning instead. Will post a report of what happens tomorrow night..Caz add 1 brown to your lil fish tally.

We also got check by the DNR and I asked him for a picture of him with my crew and he LOLed and went away. It was pretty funny because he didnt want his picture taken.

Nice going Rich and crew. Rich it isn't that the CO didn't want his picture taken, he probaly figured with that motley crew it would turn into an America's Most Wanted Poster. :lol: :lol:

Nice going Rich and crew. Rich it isn't that the CO didn't want his picture taken, he probaly figured with that motley crew it would turn into an America's Most Wanted Poster. :lol: :lol:

If this had come from a guy that didnt look like he was auditioning for COPS himself i might have taken offense to that.