Holland Live 9/5 pm

12 minutes ago, 2MD said:

sliders aka Saugatuck Dunes

so about half way down between Holland and Saugatuck 

Ps. I see you guys going out often. Nice boat. I live in the most east house on south side of the narrows. White House blue roof. Directly across from Marigold. 

thanks cool yes we blast by your place all the time (well not really anymore with the no wake haha) I'll watch for you here as fall fishing is just beginning... good times

thanks for the info on the slide diver too JDH... that makes sense 40-50 down because even in PS buoy cold water is creeping higher in the column by the hour now... gonna go out with my sons in the AM so this info you provided tonight really helps... debating even running 5colors in the AM... we shall see

1 minute ago, 2MD said:

thanks cool yes we blast by your place all the time (well not really anymore with the no wake haha) I'll watch for you here as fall fishing is just beginning... good times

thanks for the info on the slide diver too JDH... that makes sense 40-50 down because even in PS buoy cold water is creeping higher in the column by the hour now... gonna go out with my sons in the AM so this info you provided tonight really helps... debating even running 5colors in the AM... we shall see

I will be out in the morning too. However, JDH provided the info tonight. 😃

hit up seafoam on radio 68  if bored. Cheers. 

4 minutes ago, 2MD said:

My bad. I see you know. 

Could not buy a hit last night.  Fished 70-100' from full core to bottom mix of flashers, plugs, spoons, changed speed, changed directions, nothing.  Marked some fish all deep, marked the break at about 62', and at dark marked 6-7 huge bait balls in 70'.

Pulling lines in the dark in 65' my wife is reeling in a copper and I'm reeling in a wire diver and the last rigger down just starts hammering.  We let it go until she stows the copper then she tries to pick it up but it won't move.  I finally get the wire in and throw it on the floor, crank up the rigger and trip the release having no idea where the line and fish are and hoping not near the prop.  The king was on a free slider and was riding it up and down the line.  Had it decided to make a run it could have hit the release full speed and broken off everything.  Fish pops up along side the boat and takes off, I turn to get it behind the boat and now we're beam sea in nasty tight east wind chop (14' boat).  However my wife knows the drill and soon we had a 19# king on the floor on top of all the gear we threw there.

Did I mention my wife had a broken foot?  Usually since real estate is precious on a 14' I have everything put away but I just left the king in the net on the floor and we motored in.  Wife goes to step out of the boat onto the dock, hooks the net, and flips into the gap between the boat and the dock.  I was mortified.  She thought it was pretty funny.  So since the boat towel was clean from not wiping anything up, she put on my hoody and used that as a skirt and told me if we got pulled over on the way home it would not go well for me.  "Ma'am, step out of the car".  "Uh, no officer, that's not going to work..."

• Like 3

Saw a small boat out there coming north while we were heading south.  Maybe that was you.  Glad to hear she was ok.  I stepped from the dock to the trailer a few years ago and slipped off and slammed my leg into the trailer frame.  Thought my leg was broken for a second.  Got lucky and just lost some skin and had a big bruise.

Also, I almost died slipping on algae in the cleaning station!  Caught myself in edge of the counter.

• Like 1