last shot at pre-sunrise cold water bite HOLLAND 8/19/2022

Figured why not go for 3 mornings in a row so rounded up the troops and we left the dock in Macatawa at 4.30AM this morning.

Could tell before we left that it was going to get rough (and it did, especially after sunrise as the south wind really kicked in)

Could tell that fishing had “changed” during the night and they probably weren’t gonna be as many in tight up high because of the warm water racing back in (yep… they were leaving as we arrived)

Ended up 3 for 4.

Again around that 86FOW was good.           

5.30AM full core moonshine spoon purple and pink with dots – 9# chinook

5.50AM rigger slider down about 35 gets smoked – fish went ballistic and got off shortly into the fight unfortunately

6.30AM rigger slider down about 39 gets smoked – another good fish like the one at sunset last night!  Had to pull lines but eventually got em! Super DARK colored Chinook that probably was 20-22# my goodness that fish had to have been in the river the day before.

7.30AM 15color moonshine spoon – Chinook

Had no choice really but to troll north so eventually ended up by Kouw Park and that was an enduring run back  to harbor in the end.

Anybody find them out a little further or down a little deeper in the slop this morning?  I fear our fun cold water pattern has come to an end for now :) Sure was a blast though!  My oldest daughter pointed out that we had boated 30 salmon in just 48 hours (for us this was some of the best fishing ever and the only comparable I have to it goes back to 18 years ago).  Anyways, everyone is a little worn out so in a way we are glad to be done.  Today we are smoking salmon with our neighbor!

Screenshot_20220819-124714_Gallery.jpg

Resized_20220819_065349(1).jpeg

Resized_8D7726EE-.jpeg

Screenshot_20220819-124757_Gallery.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

Screenshot_20220819-125229_Gallery.jpg

• Like 6