I have not been salmon fishing since 2018 so this is a trial trip for me.

This was an evening fishing trip with my 2 sons

Fished just outside the main pack of boats in 200+ feet of water straight west out of the pier heads. Started trolling south. Lots of freighters/tug boats that evening as well.

4 riggers and 2 dipsies mostly spoons with one flasher. Rigger at 100 ft on the counter took all 4 hits and we hooked and landed 3 small salmon. All 3 fish where 10"-14" so I let them go at the back of the boat.

I was happy with the outcome and I can wait for a little larger fish.

The Fish hawk will not read the temp or speed at the ball for some reason. The probe flashes but it will not show on the graph. so we did the best we could with what we had.

Black spoon with purple ladderback tape and silver back took all four hits.

Tight Lines,

• Like 3

My wife and I were out that evening too. We went out to the point. Marked a lot of fish but got skunked. Yes, a lot of ships and barges that day! The fish are up a little higher as of last night (8/9). Buddy and I got 4 out of six hits. Three salmon and one lake trout. All on flasher fly combos. One hit we didn't get in was a meat rig. Three were on kevs gf and pickled sunshine off the wire slide diver set at 175'. Worked 170-200 fow out front.

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App