Finally got out fishing a couple of mornings on the 14th and 15th. On the 14th fishing alone I got skunked. Marked a fair amount of fish off the shelf but couldn't get anything to go. Mostly targeting kings or the suspended marks. Water temp was pretty cold way up high. Northeast winds and 40° 50' down. Not many fish at the cleaning station on morning of 14th but one guy had 3 nice kings out of 8 hits, and shared most of them came 40-60 down in about 120' fow. He was fishing a little south.

So on the 15th I woke to southeast winds, started a little sw where he had done well. Marked a lot of fish right off the bat but couldn't get anything to go. Oh, he caught all of his on spoons the day before and I was using mostly flashers. So I started this morning with all spoons. Had a buddy too so it was nice being able to run six lines. Had a king hit on a Moonshine Bad Toad on the wire slide diver, set on 1.5 and out about 37. I could mark it on my FF and it was only about 28-30' down. Lost that one at the boat. Eventually put a few flashers down and got a nice king on 200' weighted steel, with a DW Kevin's GF and Salmon Candy vegan rig (Mercy UV). We only fished until about 9:30. A lot more people bringing in fish on the 15th. But the boats were really scattered all morning. There were zero concentration of boats anywhere. Some were right in the shallows like spring brown fishing, some at the hole, point, and out at several hundred feet. The DNR weighed my king and took scale samples. It was 23.8 and 39" long. So it qualifies for master angler. Lol. Anyway, I expect the fishing to just keep getting better from here. Tight lines! 20791.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rockin' Randy said:

Finally got out fishing a couple of mornings on the 14th and 15th. On the 14th fishing alone I got skunked. Marked a fair amount of fish off the shelf but couldn't get anything to go. Mostly targeting kings or the suspended marks. Water temp was pretty cold way up high. Northeast winds and 40° 50' down. Not many fish at the cleaning station on morning of 14th but one guy had 3 nice kings out of 8 hits, and shared most of them came 40-60 down in about 120' fow. He was fishing a little south.

So on the 15th I woke to southeast winds, started a little sw where he had done well. Marked a lot of fish right off the bat but couldn't get anything to go. Oh, he caught all of his on spoons the day before and I was using mostly flashers. So I started this morning with all spoons. Had a buddy too so it was nice being able to run six lines. Had a king hit on a Moonshine Bad Toad on the wire slide diver, set on 1.5 and out about 37. I could mark it on my FF and it was only about 28-30' down. Lost that one at the boat. Eventually put a few flashers down and got a nice king on 200' weighted steel, with a DW Kevin's GF and Salmon Candy vegan rig (Mercy UV). We only fished until about 9:30. A lot more people bringing in fish on the 15th. But the boats were really scattered all morning. There were zero concentration of boats anywhere. Some were right in the shallows like spring brown fishing, some at the hole, point, and out at several hundred feet. The DNR weighed my king and took scale samples. It was 23.8 and 39" long. So it qualifies for master angler. Lol. Anyway, I expect the fishing to just keep getting better from here. Tight lines! 20791.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

That King is a beast.  Master Angler yes you are !!

• Like 1