Well on a short trip ended up 2 for 4; 16 and 9lb kings; had a double on when we got big king.

Big King came on 300 copper on mag bk/gr/sil hologram spoon; 200 copper one we lost was on uv blue jeans; 9 lb king on CJKing suv smurf meat rig on SB rigger down  61’.

Steelhead we lost came on CJ King green glo frog meat rig on dipsey on 3 out 168’.

Was rough out there; 2-4s quickly turned to 3-5s, some of crew weren’t  feeling good and we pulled lines at 11. Set around 8:15.

Went north and trolled south with waves. All fish caught in 108fow.

Again Noaa marine weather blew it.

69A5EAD3-61B4-4D23-A533-BB54C40864E5.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow!  Was out there with you. Went too deep to 130. Took a coho on a rigger down 35, orange dodger, green fly. One tip on a pearl meat rig but gone in 10 seconds. Very bouncy to say the least, quit at 1030.  Got out just after sunup. Called for the Reel Woman on 10 and 68. Sorry I missed you, as a good report would have brought more confidence than fear. Lol. 

maybe next weekend  

Good job fishing given the weather.  Check the offshore forecasts, and never trust "light" north/northwest winds.  Those frequently blow harder than predicted.

• Like 2

Jdh; I hear ya. Anything w/N in it I should probably stay home. Around midnight is was building up at bouy but a 0600 it was 1.2-2.4, so that and fact BS 2-4s was supposed to come down  to 1-3s is only reason I didn’t reschedule;  well it kind of did come down some at 10:30, but by that time 2 of my crew were chumming and that means pull lines.

Sorry Bigbones my radio is still in it’s bag in the cuddy. I monitor 68.  I need to pull it out.

Guys: Call me anytime on shore or on the water, 517-750-7452. 
I have 21’ Grady White w/The Reel Woman red lettering  on each side.

Anyone know what this spoon is called and who makes it?   It has caught some nice kings lately and I need more. Going to SJ for new board n release and if anyone knows Phil at Tackle Haven will.

No DW in front or Stingray, Stinger or Silver Streak stamped on shiny side; I looked all over online w/no luck. 

Btw: My 295’ copper broke as I was reeling it in and my Offshore board and a spoon are still on it. Maybe someone farther south will find it and call me. My name n number are on it.

Next scheduled trip is Friday, with old neighbors in Jackson. 
Thks.

EE398B3B-FE93-4794-8015-9DC012FC9AA9.jpeg

Believe that to be a Gander Mountain store brand spoon.  Does it have like a varnish / clear coat on it?  They did.

They also came with wicked sharp black VMC hooks which was odd for a "cheap" spoon.

NK's are stamped at the nose.

• Like 1

Jdh; I hear ya. Anything w/N in it I should probably stay home. Around midnight is was building up at bouy but a 0600 it was 1.2-2.4, so that and fact BS 2-4s was supposed to come down  to 1-3s is only reason I didn’t reschedule;  well it kind of did come down some at 10:30, but by that time 2 of my crew were chumming and that means pull lines.
Sorry Bigbones my radio is still in it’s bag in the cuddy. I monitor 68.  I need to pull it out.
Guys: Call me anytime on shore or on the water, 517-750-7452. 
I have 21’ Grady White w/The Reel Woman red lettering  on each side.
Anyone know what this spoon is called and who makes it?   It has caught some nice kings lately and I need more. Going to SJ for new board n release and if anyone knows Phil at Tackle Haven will.
No DW in front or Stingray, Stinger or Silver Streak stamped on shiny side; I looked all over online w/no luck. 
Btw: My 295’ copper broke as I was reeling it in and my Offshore board and a spoon are still on it. Maybe someone farther south will find it and call me. My name n number are on it.
Next scheduled trip is Friday, with old neighbors in Jackson. 
Thks.
EE398B3B-FE93-4794-8015-9DC012FC9AA9.thumb.jpeg.18122d387a75d370aeddc3daa4d27ef7.jpeg

This is Chris from S Pup “Sweet Puppy” I may take you up on that phone call.
I’ll be out Friday and Saturday
Mine is 517-610-2481

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

8 hours ago, Wes34 said:

The Gander spoons were called Crippled Alewife, and that is definitely one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

Agreed as well. Low cost and some great colors.