Well I didn't get up at 3:45 a.m. like I wanted to, but I did get lines in the water by 7:00. Got a nice 21# king and lost a smaller one at the boat. The one I got hit on a bigger Agent Orange Moonshine spoon down 80' on the rigger. The one I lost (coho I think) was my first hit on the new weighted steel line I'm trying this year. It was 200' w/s off a planer, pulling a Salmon Candy UV blue flasher with a bluish Moonshine fly w/blue glow blade. I set lines in 110 fow out front of the harbor and stayed pretty much between that and 130'. The hits were in 120' and 125'. I noticed the temp was around 50-51° at 75'. Yesterday, when I trolled north, it was only mid 40s to about 60 down. Again, a lot of dead baitfish floating. Tried one on a meat rig for a half hour or so but switched to a spoon after I got the king. It got windy and I pulled lines at 9:45. It felt good to get the skunk out of the box this year. IMG_20220609_082432706_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 3

Beautiful fish! We are going to have an exciting summer. Thanks for the report. Keep us updated on how the weighted steel line works for you.
Clyde
Reel Therapy

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

• Like 1