I was 1-3 yesterday as well.  all 3 hits were in 20ft of water just north of power plant.  2 hits on Rainbow Trout Hot-n-tot, the other was on orange and black thin fin.  Fished from 10-noon.  Trolled for 1.5 hours in 50-60 with no action. 

• Like 1

Thanks for report. 
By now kings should be showing up; around 4/25 last yr we got 1 king and 4 Hos.

Rule of thumb is if forsythia bushes are blooming kings should be near.

There are hundreds of people fishing in Lac Mich everyday and especially on weekends and no one posts reports.

Crazy. 

On social media they just show pictures of what they caught.

These forums are for details.

Many don’t report or wont contact you when you try to share info when on the  water because they think  you will find their great spots to fish!

I think its so funny.

• Like 1

It took a couple of years but I learned there are fishing reports and information  constantly being shared by fisherman everyday but not on social media sites. There are numerous and legitimate reasons. Joining your local fishing club would be a good way to start.  Good fishing in 2022.

Only place is city launch; Black River Park launch. $8 launch fee via machine.

Think we have 7 docks and best fish cleaning station anywhere: two tables with 4 stations each; commercial size disposals; 4 hanging ground fault protected plugs at each table for electric  knife cleaning guys; automatic descaling machine for panfish/perch. And,  long hose for cleaning out coolers.

There are two pit toilets by the docks, and around 7:30 or 8 when city workers get there indoor restrooms are usually open. 

Good luck!

1 hour ago, dan agnello said:

Only place is city launch; Black River Park launch. $8 launch fee via machine.

Think we have 7 docks and best fish cleaning station anywhere: two tables with 4 stations each; commercial size disposals; 4 hanging ground fault protected plugs at each table for electric  knife cleaning guys; automatic descaling machine for panfish/perch. And,  long hose for cleaning out coolers.

There are two pit toilets by the docks, and around 7:30 or 8 when city workers get there indoor restrooms are usually open. 

Good luck!

Thanks, I usually go over to Lake Erie for the walleye fishing. But with the cost of fuel these days and the possibility of getting some coho or even a king, I thought we'd give SH a try. It's been awhile since I've fished Lake Michigan. I really used to enjoy the spring fishing out of Saugatuck. I'm going to try the rapala Tail Dancers and bandits that we troll for walleye. Anybody use 2,3 or 4 color lead core?

I get the occasional steelhead on the 2,3. Never used a 4. I’ll often run 3,5,7,10 when fish are in close. Sometimes a 2 off a downrigger. Please don’t mistake me for knowing what I’m doing, but I am pretty good at copying people who do. 

Tomorrow I plan on using 2-1Color, 2-2C with spoons on them, green carrot, green alewife, bk/wh alewife; bl/chrome tail dancer on high lines out 100’ on inside boards; 2 riggers will also have spoons; in 35fow riggers 25 down 45 back w/spoons; may throw out shallow dipsey also.

That’s  funny because yesterday  I went in the basement and got out a bunch of walleye stuff, Bandits and Reef Runners that I may use.

We went 5/6 today. Fished from 8:30 til 1:30. Caught two lakers right away just north of the power plant in 38 fow on dipsy down 25' on blueberry muffin spoon. Went out to 55 fow and trolled around for several hours, a mile or so north of the power plant, landing 3/4 coho. We got one on a mixed veggie stinger spoon on a three color setup and two on DDHJs, 75 back. One was yellow with red dots and the other was two tone green. We missed one on the yellow red dot DDHJ as it got off at the boat. Speed was around 2.4. Dan Agnello, Thanks for the help.     

47 minutes ago, Bigbones said:

Thanks for the report. You’ve got me anxious. 

Thanks for the report. Good job. 
Surprised no kings.

I drove over to the launch around 10:30 and there was a dozen trailers there as I expected on this nice day.

Went over specifically to take pictures of the potholes in front of the docks and lack of garbage cans.

The launch officially opened 4/15 with fish cleaning  and indoor bathrooms open, but Marine Dept needs to repair the asphalt and get some garbage cans out there.