Auto pilot

I’m looking to put a auto pilot on Sportcraft 252 with a inboard 5.7 (hydraulic steering) Looking for any advice on what system to put on the boat. Looking to put now screen and auto pilot on the boat and can’t figure what to go with. Looked at Garmin reactor and simrad ap.    Any insight would be great.  Thanks 

• 1 month later...

i cant believe you never got any help. but with hydraulic steering you have plenty of options. i just dont know what they are. but if you haven't bought yet you might want to post autopilot help in other forums. i might get banned for posting them but if you want pm me and i'll give you a couple of suggestions by pm.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Sportcraft 272 with the Raymarine  hydraulic autopilot. Had a nice controller about 4" square. It worked like they said it would. I did the install it myself with the cut-in to steering hoses, rudder feedback and mounting. Now if i can find some pics for you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the replies.  I still have not purchased the autopilot unit as of yet.  I did purchase 2 simrad go 9  one for sonar the other for gps and possibly linking for auto pilot.  I was leaning tward simrad ap44 autopilot.  However I’m still not sure due to so many that like the Raymarine.  Finchasher if you have any pictures of setup,and what pump,you used , that would b great. 

Outdoor,

Sorry wasn't able to locate any pics. I just fabricated a mounting board out of pressure treated material to mount pump and feedback units. Located the gps heading sensor in the head. Tied lines into Seastar steering unit under helm. Use good brass compression fittings for a leak free connection. Good luck with the install.