Sorry for the late report it was a long day on Saturday and I forgot about posting till telling my buddy at work today about my trip. Got up at 0 dark 30 and took a drive up to Ludington. It was a bit bumpy in the 17ft lund late afternoon but worth the trip. Didn't end up getting back till 0230 on Sunday am after stopping at 3 gas stations to try and find ice....

Fished from 0545-2145. Went 9/12 with 7 fish over 20 and 1 King being 30.5lbs. Had to sit on the lid of my 120 quart cooler to get the lid to shut with the last fish. Set a new boat best with the 30.5 and a new personal best on a 25. It was a long day but worth the drive and the 16hrs on the water.

Picked away at fish during the morning and early afternoon with one every couple of hours. Late afternoon we found a pocket of cold water up near the point that was holding fish and bait. We had this spot to ourself and pounded it hard all evening to great success. Hit a triple during the witching hour. The north troll was the best by far. Most guys didn't do very well lots of 1-4 fish catches at the cleaning station when we pulled in.

What everyone really cares about:

Rigger 110 down. 11" white paddle oceanic fly. 1/2 25lb King and another big King lost after 20 mins while trying to net and move gear around during the triple. I probably in hindsight should have let a high line ride and fought the rigger as the riggers don't have the resistance of a high line to keep tension on a big King.

400cu mother of pearl glow plug 4/5 30.5,25,24,12 lb King last one was a big king who busted my hot plug off. Also snagged a giant limb that was an hour to bring into the boat... My buddy thought he had on the new state record the way the fish ripped line. Thought it was going to spool my convector 55.

300cu moonshine bloody nose spoon (1/1 ), and green pearl glow plug (2/3) 3/4 22,21,15lb King

225cu Orange splatter back plug. 1/1 22lb King.

0/1 high driver back 200 closet thing I had a pearlish plug in the tackle box (I don't remember the exact color but I was digging deep in the tackle box for plugs). Big King that came unbuttoned.

Resized_20210814_230319.jpeg

IMG_20210814_074445758_HDR.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks it was a good redemption after my skunk last weekend! 

Wesco gas stations your not high on my list! It's the middle of summer how can 2 different locations stations not have ice I don't understand. You need to look for a different ice supplier.