Spoons or flashers at first light?

Just wondering what other anglers run at daybreak when targeting kings. I had gotten out of salmon fishing for about 12 years, but in the last three bought another boat and am getting back into it. So much has changed inthe last 15 years. Anyway, I usually go out in the dark and have my lines set by daybreak or before. For simplicity, I tend to run all or mostly glow spoons to start. Then switch to 50/50 spoons flashers as the sun starts to rise. I usually get fish, but don't do as well as other anglers. So just wondering how you all start your day? Would I have better odds running flashers to start? If so, meat rigs, flies, or spin n glow type lures?

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 2

After having Sixshooter beat me regularly in the WMFL tournaments that started at 5am, he was kind enough to share with me that when fishing that early, don't be afraid to fish shallow and high, for fish out of temperature.

• Like 1

FBD, omg, that is exactly what happened this morning. I went out knowing the salmon would be at 68' like a few days back. Yet I marked nothing at that range. Even the lake trout seemed scarce this morning, but I did manage one from the rigger set at 68' over 115' of water. Back at the fish cleaning station, the few guys who managed to get a salmon or two, picked them up at 40', and even 25'. I saw marks at 40 and moved some gear there, but apparently not soon enough. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my moto z4 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App