Fished from 6:30 to 10 am.  Worked 80 to 150 fow south of Holland near the sliders.  Lots of fish marks and bait in 140 fow.

One bite, and it got off.  200 Copper with a green mag dreamweaver spoon.

That was all.

• Like 1

Holland 4:00-7:00pm.  Could not get out any earlier and had to settle for late afternoon.  Worked 120-170 FOW with the same results, one rip on the 300 copper with a meat rig but came up empty.  The flys were terrible so we pulled lines early.  Marked very little bait on this trip.  Janet (spouse and most trusted fishing partner) suggests I drop the long lines and go back to the 4 rigger program with a mix of flashers and spoons on light lines we ran years ago and on the other side of the lake.  It sure is easier moving around other boats without dragging boards.  Will give it a go next trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not even sure what to run anymore.  Even with the poorer fishing the last few years I was usually able to dial in a program to put a few fish in the boat each trip.

After three trips offshore looking for kings only to lose one laker, my preferred Saturday routine is:

Drink a lot Friday night.

Sleep in.

Cut firewood in a mosquito and poison ivy filled swamp.

Put money from firewood in Roth IRA.

Day trade IRA money.

Used to be my side gig money was my fun money, but I'm not inspired to put it into fishing gear lately.

These are sad and troubling times, then I'm up 17% ytd.  Not nearly as exciting as listening to a drag sing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1