Muskegon 4/24 pm. 2 for 2

Took the kids out because it was such a wonderful day. Got two Lakers, one was 16# and the other was 17#.

One in 73 FOW and the other in 71 FOW. 100 CU on a lime green and silver spoon. 200 CU on a NBK. (You know...typical laker setups. ) Hits came on S and N trolls, 2.4 to 2.6 mph at the ball.

I have a sister who loves lake trout, so this worked out well.

We were going to make the drive to Holland, but Google Maps said the ramps were temporarily closed. Is the Holland boat launch closed?20210424_175951.jpeg20210424_175253.jpeg20210424_162447.jpeg20210424_162038.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great post !! Does ur sister have a good recipe for lake trout ??? Growing up we never kept lake trout to eat !! We would go out and use big White jigs and jig for them just for the fight !!! 
I think she cooks it like I cook the salmon, which is with Chef Paul's Magic Salmon seasoning. Put it on extra heavy and fry in olive oil. We didn't get anything bouncing bottom.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 1

Great report Mega Byte. Been banging the Lakers here in Pentwater. From in front of the piers out to 45fow. They have been coming in with zero to 3 gobies per fish. No other bait. Marked one small cloud of bait up towards the project. No bait in the channel. Got a nice mixed bag last weekend. 1 smallie in the channel, 1 brown, 1 Cisco, 2 Lakers and lost 2 Lakers. Been fishing mostly plugs on the bottom. Goby mag lip has been hot.

• Like 1

Hammered them again this morning. 4 for 6 on Lakers. Turned back a 15#. 20-25 fow, mag lip gobie on the bottom. 2 and 3 color lead w snaps as needed. Had a double and lost one. 20” smallie in the channel. No bait around but their gobbling gobies.

• Like 1