Downrigger Mounting

I am getting ready to lay down some cash on a 2021 Lund Tyee Magnum 2075 with Merc 225 and 15HP Pro kicker.   I would like to run  Big John Captains Packs straight out the back and Cannon Digitroll Mag 10s out the side as well as two planer board masts on either side.   What are my best options for mounting the downriggers based on your experience?   The downriggers are on 6" riser swivel mounts.  I appreciate any advice based on your experience. 

Do it right the first time  and mount tracks. As the seasons and fishing tactics change, it's easy to move things around without drilling a ton of holes in the gunnels..... ask me how I know...

Thanks JD!!!  I agree.  I am planning to mount a 12" Berts Track behind the gas cap for the Big Johns and a 48" track up the side for the Cannon Digitrol Mag 10s and Big John planer masts.  I don't trust the sport track mounts to be strong enough and my experience with berts tracks has been very good.  I have a similar set up on the Starcraft 196 Fisherman today and it rocks even when you have all four go off at nearly the same time.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2020 2075 Tyee Magnum and mounted 72" traxstech track on each side.  No issues with my 2 Scotty DR's.  I have the track back to the  gas cap on the port side and in the same relative ending point on the Starboard side.

Marty

40 minutes ago, marty59 said:

I have a 2020 2075 Tyee Magnum and mounted 72" traxstech track on each side.  No issues with my 2 Scotty DR's.  I have the track back to the  gas cap on the port side and in the same relative ending point on the Starboard side.

Marty, Thanks for the reply.   What length track do you have behind the gas cap?  12"?    I usually run two cannons out to the side and two big johns off the back with the 4' boom.   Works well on my Fishmaster with room to net between the two back riggers.  I also plan to mount 2 big john planer masts on the side.   I ordered two 12" tracks for the back and 48" tracks further up.   What do you think?

I was contemplating putting track behind the gas cap and still may.  For now I am only running 2 riggers off the side.  I am a believer in putting as long a piece of track as possible to get maximum load distribution.  My boat is in storage so I can't comment on length behind the cap.   

As far as the 48 versus the 72 up front of the cap, I like the flexibility of the long track for all kinds of accessories for tool holders, net holder, board holder, cup holder........ 

Marty

2 hours ago, marty59 said:

By the way you are going to love that boat.  I have the 250 ProXS and 15 hp kicker.  It is an awesome fishing machine!  Good luck to you!!

Marty 

1 hour ago, marty59 said:

Also rod trees, dipsy rod holder, ......so much flexibility with 72" for a nominal incremental cost.,

Marty

Thanks Marty.  I think I'm going to try 12" behind the cap and 60" up the other side of the cap.    Should give me enough runway for the rigger off the back with plenty for space for other items like the rod tree (good idea).   

• Thanks 1