Caznik's New Weapons F or 2007

caznik

Hello Everyone,

Well for about 15 years I have allways been using mannual downriggers for fishing on Lake Michigan. I allways had wanted to get electric riggers, but just never could do it. Well this year I went out and did it. I got four new golden Big Jon Captains Pacs and four new Berts Rod Holders. Its going to be so much eaiser now just by pushing a putton than to crank about 80 foot of cable back up. Those berts rod holders are going to be great allso because now the older fishermen that I take out with me. Can now grab the dipsey rod out of the holder alot eaiser now. Here are some picture of my new stuff for 2007.

DSCF2417.JPG

My 17' Lund

DSCF2430.JPG

My new riggers looking at the back.

DSCF2429.JPG

Angle shot

DSCF2428.JPG

Side shot

DSCF2427.JPG

One side of my new berts rod holders with the 7" risers.

Nice setup Rich. You make good use of the space on the back of your boat.

I upgraded to the Bert's rod holders this year, too. I really like the quick ratchetting style of the Bert's holders and they seem to be very robustly built. They really seem like good ones and offer a lot of flexability, although I'm still looking forward to putting them to the test out on the lake! Hopefully I'll get to do that this weekend.

Good luck on Friday!

VN Cazz. You will like the electrics. It gives you time to wind your watch, while the ball is coming up. I never used an electric downrigger until I purchased the Priority1, and they came with her. I always power the ball down now also. Powering down eliminates a lot of tangles.:)

Rich, Lookin good! !

I like the riser set up, makes everything a little easier to work with.

And much Luck on Sat. at St. Joe. May the waves be small and the winds be low, and the fish be VERY Hungry !!!

Rich, Lookin good! !

I like the riser set up, makes everything a little easier to work with.

And much Luck on Sat. at St. Joe. May the waves be small and the winds be low, and the fish be VERY Hungry !!!

Ya I love my rigger board set up that high just because I was afraid that some fishermen that may go out with me wouldn't feel safe to net a fish behind my boat. With it up that high, they can lean over my board to net the fish and fell safe.

Rich

Nice setup you have there, Rich. Those should come in handy come tournament time.

Done any trapping lately? My cat came up missing, and I thought of you. :D

So what I am hearing is Rich is a "Cat Trapper"? Must be a story there I have not heard!

So what I am hearing is Rich is a "Cat Trapper"? Must be a story there I have not heard!

Ya that happen about 15 years ago and all of a sudden it came up this year and the land owner asked me about it.

I said sorry,

Rich:rolleyes:

Ok Rich, what's the story? Do I need to tell my uncle to keep his cats locked up. :D

Didn't happen there but in another woods I use to hunt. I cannot beleve it because I was all the way back in his 80 achres.

nice looking set up looks like you have put some thought in it, we have big john riggers and berts rod holders on our boat,both work awesome,the track system for the berts is great,when your done fishing you just slide them all to one end and it gives you alott of room to enter and exit the boat. not to mention how many times has someone bent or broken a rod holder on the dock, and from experince we use the berts for our dipseys and we set the rod tips allmost down to the water, and when a fish hits ya just grab that rascal and pull it up before ya try to take the rod outta the holder(way easier) anyway looks great see ya on the 6th