Saugatuck 9/11 attempt

nope... all we've caught are hens so far... last year we caught em out front all the way through September.  Last king caught was an anorexic 29.5pound male on a high line jplug in 15fow out front on September 30.  Got it mounted  - the thing was 41.75 inches and had probably weighed 37-38 pounds pre spawn out is our best guess... kids and i have this theory that a group of em never run to the dam but actually spawn out on the boulder walls midway down the channel  - who knows if we are right - here is a pic of this 2019 finale fish 

Screenshot_20190929-090041_Gallery_720x1280.jpg

• Like 2

Saugatuck Mon Sept 14

After 16 yr hiatus - Been out approx 70 times trolling Lake Mich between March '19 and today. Learned a little bit more each time. Landed an 18 and 23# King this year. Fish Hawk was the game changer.

But today truly was memorable. Went 3 for 4 in front of pier heads -all sheephead only- over 6lbs - after no sheephead in 69 trips. Fish Hawk showed us the perfect speed for those nasty looking things.

Maybe try Grand Haven one more time...

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 1

Fish were there Friday night.  Everyone else headed out, we headed in.  Went 3/7 scraping the piers or fishing closer to shore than the piers stuck out.

Was not easy fishing with traffic and junk in the water.  When that big blue trawler "Neptune" motored up we took about 20 gallons over the bow.  But we also waved off a ski boat from running over a fish and they then circled around and watched us land it and cheered.

All males and all smaller fish.  Makes sense as the plants were in 2018.  Males usually shoot the river first to stake out the good gravel abd make the redds.

My ten year old seven pound outdoor cat bas been giving me the stink eye when I get home, as I've been giving away the fish and not cleaning them.

Still drag the cooler across the lawn to  rinse it out.  She still follows me and then stares.

• Like 1

swing and a miss for us... tried it for about 2hrs last night in 4-5ft waves out of the north and no releases... weeds were not a problem but still no bite.. today checked three tubes by todd farm in fennville and no fish had arrived there yet so it makes you wonder... about 15 guys were fishing at allegan dam and looked to all be coho but not certain