Fishing Pliers

Just joined and this looks like a really informative forum. Glad to be a part of it. I've been looking on line at fishing pliers and wondering if anyone has a pair they really like. I've always just used needle nose up until my buddy sent them over the side of the boat. In googling to order a new pair, I see a lot of pliers made for anglers. I like the ones with built in split ring tips, lanyard and case (buddy proof), and other than that just get hooks out and maybe cut braid. Would like them strong enough to get big hooks out of salmon. Any of you have a brand you cant live without?

I'm not sure what brand mine are, but go with aluminum pliers and not stainless steel. Mine have the lip to help with split rings which is helpful, but it makes it harder to remove hooks from pan fish when the kids are dock fishing at the marina. So think about how you want to use them and get aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Thanks 1

That makes sense about the split ring part. I thought that was a nice feature but I do have stand alone split ring pliers in my bag. Plus it isn't often I have to use them immediately. Like, I broke a hook off a treble on Thursday landing a big salmon, but the bite was on and I wasn't about to mess with putting on a new hook. I just switched to another spoon that color and got the line back down. Thanks for answering both of my posts.