Port Sheldon 8/6 & 8/7 PM

Went 4/5 Thursday evening on a short trip with 3 kings 23.5, 20.5, 10 lbs, and a 9lb steelhead. Mag diver on 3 back 140 took the two big kings, 200 copper took the steelhead and another rip, and the last was a rigger down 60. Focused mainly on 150-170 fow.

IMG_1584.JPG

Went 3/7 Friday evening with a 24 and 26 lb kings, and a laker. Started setting in 110 fow heading SW, first big king hit the diver back 140 in 155 fow, lost it 50ft behind the boat after a good fight. Next big king hit a 400 copper with a meat rig and promptly broke that off. Next one hit a rigger down 125 and broke that off, 4th one hit the diver back 140 and peeled off a bunch of line before coming unbuttoned. Finally landed the 26 lb king on a rigger down 125 on the fifth try, and added the 24 lber on the diver back 140 to salvage a rough start. All our hits were in 150-170 fow again. Both nights the bite went cold after about 8:15 which was kind of odd. The best lure was a 10” mtn dew/chrome spin doctor with a green UV Ace-Hi fly. IMG_1598.JPGIMG_1599.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 6

Nicely done.  Funny how deep riggers were hit along side high divers.  I was out Friday night as well in 190 FOW - will post shortly.

Yeah was seeing a few big marks down there so dropped one down to check it out. Seems like sometimes after a recent lake flip they end up a little scattered in the water column

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App