Port Sheldon 8-5 pm

0 for 0.  Fished from 7 to 8:30.  The waves were too big for me!  1.5-2 foot rollers with 3's mixed in.  Wonder where they were coming from because it wasn't windy.

Went from 60 to 130 fow and then turned around.

I'll be back out in the morning and hopefully the rollers will have settled down.

• Like 1

0 for 0.  Fished from 7 to 8:30.  The waves were too big for me!  1.5-2 foot rollers with 3's mixed in.  Wonder where they were coming from because it wasn't windy.
I'll be back out in the morning and hopefully the rollers will have settled down.

Fished 6:30-8:30, 80-135 FOW and went 2-2. Both were adult coho on a Kevin’s Mistress SD w a Oceana fly on 300 CU in 110 and 95 FOW. Saw some bait but very few fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

9 hours ago, jdh said:

prior to going out check the N and S mid lake buoys for wind and wave action.  If there are waves heading toward the port you are thinking of fishing that can mean the waves will be as big at the port.  Wave energy takes a long time to dissipate and will not decrease in height in the 40 or so miles from the buoy to the shore.  If the shore wind is going the same direction as the mid lake wind/waves then you can assume the waves are being helped to shore.  If the shoreline wind is opposing the mid lake wind/wave direction then all kinds of weird can happen.  This is the recipe for rouge waves or a dual pattern wave set.

edit to add, there can be more than 1 wind direction on the lake at any given time and that will create wave patterns that do not make sense or follow the mid lake wave directions and heights.

• Like 2