Pentwater 8/1 and 8/2 AM (slow)

8/1 AM 1 for 3

Fished the ladies classic with my daughter who is ten years old. Ladies had to reel and net the fish. We were 1 for 3. We lost 2 big kings in a 150' of water. Both were spoon bites are a high diver. A blue flounder and a green flounder. We did manage to boat a coho. There was one box of 9 fish that morning. But most people were in the 0 to 3 fish category. We did have a lot of great marks though. Lots of fish and the 130 to a 150' range. Here is the winning box.

20200801_130629.jpeg

My daughter did win $20 for being the youngest captainette.

20200801_132438.jpeg

8/2 AM 1 for 1

This was a really slow morning for us. We got out very early and set lines before the sun even thought about rising. We never had a hit all morning. We fished a 6 rod spread until noon. When checking lines early we did pull in a small 3 pound king that wasn't able to trip the down rigger release. It hit on a paddle and fly down 35'. We safely released him. There was plenty of cold water. We had 45 to 47 degrees 40 feet down even in 50 FOW. In fact, the water was colder the closer you got to shore. Fished 50 to 180 FOW with only a few, midsized arches on the sonar. Boats were scattered. The charter captain that won the Ludington tournament is from Pentwater. He only got 4 fish this am. Based on the meat bags his customers were carrying i would guess 2 Lakers and 2 kings.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reel-Deal said:

Slow doesn't describe it! Ughhh - could not get a rod to go all day Friday and all Sat. morning!!!

I'm glad it wasn't just me.  It makes you wonder sometimes if you've forgotten how to fish or something.  We had a couple of good days at the end of July.  I took the kids up with me and we camped on the boat and fished.  I didn't have free time to post as I was single-parenting the trips and when I wasn't doing something with the kids i was fixing gear damaged and tangled during the trip and trying to sleep.  :)  Looks like we'll be out again Wednesday and/or Thursday, depending on the weather.

• Like 2

Looks like the lake is going to flip - 40-50 degs. near the beach just reported - I hope they show up at some point - but I have the boat for sale too as we are preparing to make a move to Florida in the not-to-distant future....I hope to be out next week for 2-4 days - tight lines!