7/13 Muskegon

Water had turned over and it was 50 degrees at the surface in 80fow, went 3 for 4, caught a nice Coho in 108fow on 250 copper with spoon at 720am, an hour or so later had another coho on dipsy w/spoon around 175fow but my noob friend didn't know how to control the fish and it was all over my rigger cables and spit/knocked out the spoon. I went hunting for warmer water and found it out deaper, I set my gear higher up, and in 200fow I caught a nice 20# female King with Meat rig down 33ft on rigger. Finally as I was bringing my lines in I had a small Laker bite the spoon on my 250 copper after I had trolled back towards the pier in 100fow.

• Like 1

Does anyone know the secret formula for when the lake flips and if the fish will be in the cold water vs the warmer water?  I've fished a flip before at the end of July and the kings were stacked in the cold water.  I've also seen like Joel describes where the cold water isn't holding anything.  Joel describes 50 degree surface temps.  Is the bait looking for more like 55 degrees?  Maybe the flip was too cold for them?  Thoughts?  Thanks for the report Joel.