Just lost my best friend

Feeling a bit low this weekend. My best fishing buddy that I've known for many years passed away. He was with me the day I caught my first steelhead. 

He keeled over from heart attack. Just returned from a bike ride with his daughter to go get ice cream. He sat down to relax and next thing his wife knew she looked out and he was laying face down on their back deck. 

He was on vacation and we were talking about getting together to catch some gills.

I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around it. Seems like I've been saying good bye to the people I love way too much these last few years!

I've been searching old photos from some of our trips. But I don't have many that have been digitized.  My old computer crashed a few years back and I lost alot of my old pics that had been uploaded. 

I did find this one.I uploaded it to my flikr account several years ago and fortunately it was still there. Probably nothing great about the pic but I can still remember it like it was yesterday. We had the weekend to ourselves. Rained on us the first day but the fishing was really good. The next morning we got up before the sun rise and when we arrived at our spot we were greeted by a rainbow that seemed to shine down right on the top of the hole were we catching fish. Its not just any hole. And its not exactly a secret hole, but every late august into early sept it literally fills up with fresh from lake mi salmon. 4988957250_df3a297e53_o.thumb.jpg.41904097175a0d4156e1cc519ee06074.jpg

I remember we caught so many fish that day. Our arms were sore. One of those trips where time seems to stand still and nothing else matters. I will never forget it!

I know I've got more pics from that trip, just I can't find them. The pics were all taken on film and I had to scan them to be able to upload them to my computer. I'm thinking about maybe taking my hard drive from my old computer and see if theres a place that might be able to extract the files from it. 

Anyway, I don't mean to bore everyone. Just feeling kinda low. I don't have many people to talk to about these things. Seems like so many people that I grew up with are not here anymore. I sure miss them all!!

• Like 1

Good Vibes sent Man, RIP to your friend. I lost my fishing partner (8 1/2 years ago), my Pops. Miss him everyday!

If you ever make it to the UP, you have an open boat with me out on the Big Lake!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cool picture and great memories. We're reminded that fishing is about so much more than the fish.

When we motor in, my dad always grabs the comfy deck chair and sits back facing the wake. He will be 75 at the end of this month. He has survived 4 heart attacks. I have a great picture of him sitting there during one of our return trips. At some point, that picture and the memories will be all I have. Until then, I invite him out every chance I get.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 2