For this trip I played it stubborn and intentionally didn't target Lakers.  If you want Lakers in Pentwater, they are there.  The smaller ones are in 80 - 110 fow, but they get bigger as you out.  120-130 would be the best depth to target good sized lakers.

Anyway...

Decided to fish deeper looking for elusive kings and the occasional steelhead.  Work 150 to 220 FOW with a 17! rod spread from 7 am to noon and only got one hit.  Most of the fishing was from the surface with a flat line down to 100 feet down.  We did see a couple of steelhead on the surface.  Once was eating bugs and the other was chasing baitfish right by the boat.  I only marked 2 fish all morning long, and I finally marked a school of baitfish.  It's the only baitfish I marked in 4 trips.  It was in 200 feet of water, right on bottom and had a big arch above it.  In case anyone is wondering, it's 40.7 degrees 180 feet down.  We put a couple of lines down there to check it out.

The only hit we had was on a high diver, but it tangled with the wire diver and got off.  It wasn't a big fish.  It didn't even pull the drag.  

There were very few boats out of Pentwater.  We saw a couple of charters who were pounding bottom for trout, we were out and maybe three or four other boats out there fishing.

The silver fish should show up at some point.  The last couple of years it was about this time to the 2nd week of July.  If you want Lakers though, there are plenty of them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1