For those asking earlier about perch, by the looks of boats in the lake I’d have to say perch must be in. Over dozen boats at the rock pile about mile south of the pier and few more scattered in the same area. Boat traffic there has been picking more each day for about a week.

Great.

Thanks for update there too.

Maybe I should start perch fishing this time of the yr for a month or so until we hit Manistee or Frankfort in August. Used to fish Erie June n half July for eyes, but now that we're in SoHa a long haul there. When perchin I would actually see what my anchor looks like. Lol.

Never have a need to open the anchor hatch. Need to check the chain and rope.

I was out with my wife  last weekend out of southaven fished from 25 fow out to 70.  No Perch. fished around 50 or so other boats.

most I heard  of being caught was 7.  wife lost a nice steelhead at the boat. on a 7 foot ultralight with 6lb test mono. Fun for her!  used wax worms. minnows. and frozen wigglers. 

fished the bait balls on the bottom. caught 10 gobbies.  Not to say that maybe there showing up this week but thought you might want a report. 

called tackle haven in Benton harbor and he was honest and said the same thing. fishing not catching. was testing out the new Ipilot with spot lock

Love it.

• Like 1

The perch are moving in closer...I run out of Saugatuck, and head south by the mouth of Deer Lick creek...Which is about 8 miles north of South Haven pier...Fished mostly in 25 to 30 fow, and had to move a few times...But, managed a dozen nice 8 to 12" perch...Some annoying gooby bites, but not bad...Should be getting better bite with warmer weather...Will be fishing for yellow bellies within next couple of days, and I know some folks down in South Haven I will call out too...Till then..

We used to take our dog to that dog beach but no beach left.

So we go a little farther south to Pilgrim Haven just north of Van Buren State Park.

Good luck rest of season.

May do a few more trips here in SoHa then mid August a couple trips out of Frankfort. Will take friend and green horn wife out.

well there you go. There here. leave it to terry to always find the fish. I guess i just don't spend enough time on the water.  thanks for the follow up report. on the 20th

there were no perch around. at least where i was. which was exactly where you just stated. water was still pretty cold from all the east wind from the previous days.

36 minutes ago, DIRTY DOG said:

It was pretty warm Sunday , seemed to be a lot of boats out , but every one was scattered , no one to the north , I think to to the mud flowing that way .

What were you catching the Millers on. I want to catch those!

• Like 1

Now those are some nice perch. There were  20 boats out mid morning; from pier south. Over a dozen at or around the rock pile a mile south. At least couple  dozen  trailers at the launch.

All 5 docks at the launch are above water, but you have to wade thru a few inches of water on the aprons to  use the 3 western docks. The eastern  2 are usually completely dry.

The fish cleaning station is still open. Has 2 tables with disposer and 4 stations at each table.