First trip of the year was yesterday. We left the dock at 7am and started setting lines at 8am.(darned train bridge got me already!) The day was beautiful, although a might brisk. The fishing was slow starting out but got better as the day progressed. We ended up pulling lines and heading in at 1:45pm. Final talley was: 15 coho, 3 Kings(1 released), 4 steelhead(2 released), 1 Lake Trout(released), and 2 brown trout. One King pushed 12 lbs. and the largest brown was 10 lb. We also lost several fish that did the submarine with the boards and managed to shake loose.

The J-9 in orange/gold on a bird line, Stinger Sunburst Reg. on 2 color or bird with 1/2 oz. snap weight, and small orange dodger w/blue/gold fly was hot 5' down and 5' back on the riggers. The crew was amazed watching alot of coh and a nice king come up and smack it.

Others boats went farther South and had limits of coho off the Cook plant in less than one hour, but no other species seemed to be turning up there.

Nice job on the fish. This next Saturday my cousin an I are going to take our boys down to South Haven (we have a place to stay there). Can any one give us a general idea on a good setup and depth to run for some of these spring fish. We have an older Slick Craft and all the gear but, we normally fish the summer bite. The Coho and Browns would be fun for the boy to catch (they both are 12).

Thanks, and I'll gladly post a reply on how we did.

Ken.

j-7 or 9 rapelas and reg stingers in org, red or gold pattern also brads thin fins in all colers start in about 6 to 8 feet and out to around 30 riggers and spoons set 5 to 15 down and the rest on boards back 100 to 200ft and short cors 2 to 3 colers