Where to fish this weekend

I am going to fish out of one of the following ports: Grand Haven, Holland, Port Sheldon or Saugatuck.  I don't usually start fishing Salmon till August up in Manistee so this will be my first trip ever this far south in Lake Michigan.  If anyone has a good spot or depth to start fishing that would be helpful too.  We plan on being on the water around 6:00am and hope to catch some Salmon.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ryan

The way the weather has been this year. The fish where tightly schooled and blow though here in just a few weeks. I'd suggest Whitehall and ports north. I fish out of the ports near Holland. Has been slow for the last week with just a few very small straggling kings hanging around. Good luck and have fun

Check the buoy for water temps.  Will have north wind blowing today and tonight and if it switched NE we might get a bit of a flip.  If not, I would set up in 70 fow and work out from there.  Kings are not plentiful right now, but if you run some stuff up high (10-20 feet), some stuff mid range (30-60 feet) and a line or two deep (90 feet or keep within 10 feet of bottom) you have a chance at picking up anything that might be out there (kings, steelhead, lake trout).

Or just give up on kings and run a bunch of stuff near the bottom for trout.

If the lake flips, then who knows what will be where.

-JD