Northwest Michigan Fishing Club Contest

The first NWMI Fishing Club Big Fish Contest will be Wednesday evening (6-9pm), 3 June 2020, at the East Grand Traverse Bay, Center Road Launch. I will be the host and officiator. Come meet me!

Everybody is welcome! Get your teams together now! Be there to register, pay, and sign a liability waiver at least 45 minutes prior to "lines in". Registration (and weigh) in will be at the black truck with the NWMI FC banner. Bring exact cash. We will be observing 6' social distancing norms as well.

This will be a two category event.

Category 1: biggest lake trout by weight. Tie breaker goes to length. 10$ entry per team (not per individual)

Category 2: heaviest bag of 10 Cisco. Tie breaker will be largest Cisco by weight then length. 10$ entry per team (not per individual)

The winds and temperatures look great. Should be a fun event! Help will be at the ramp for launching and loading.

This is a family fun event for your entire family. Lets start the season off right with heavy bags of fish and big smiles all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminder! NWMI Fishing Club Contest on East GT Bay tomorrow evening (Wednesday) 6-9 (Center Road).

My favorite 3 words...”Light and Variable”.

Come on out and test your mettle against the Lakers and Ciscos!

We will be there about 5pm to get registration started. Going to be a great night of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder: The NWMI Fishing Club is hosting their Wednesday evening contest on Long Lake (Grand Traverse County) from 6-9 tonight. Registration starts at 5pm.

Registration is at the Crescent Shores Launch and Matt will have the NWMI FC banner on his truck. Go tell him you want to enter the walleye division ($10), and the “any other species division” ($10). That is $20 per boat if you sign up for both divisions. Sign liability waiver and move out smartly.

Launch boat (yes, you can launch before 6). Head out, lines in at 6 (honor system). Fish until 9. If you are going to be late coming back to the launch, text Matt and let him know.

Bring fish up to weigh and win 10 billion dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, a little plug for The NWMI Fishing Club weekly contest on Lake Ann tomorrow evening (Wednesday,8 July).

530 - 6pm is registration. Lines in at 6 and lines out at 930.

50/50 split purse between biggest bass and biggest nonbass.

It will be a beautiful night and a lot of fun. I will be there. Never fished the lake before, but that doesn’t even phase me.

• Like 1