Charter boats

I have been fishing lake ontario for 40years and worked on many charter boats over the years and let me say that this shutdown of the charter business Ness is unfair if the governor only knew how clean a charter boats is after every trip maybe he reconsidereally opening your fishing season I'm not a charter captain so this not please to let them to run  their businelse's at times I bitchecked charter boats especially in Oswego but the fact is that 99% of the charter boats are scrubbed down with cleaners after every trip I know because that part of my job as a mate. The governor should allow the charterm boats to operate as usual with some safety measures have the customers wear masks and gloves after all they are still touching the rods and reels also have the captain and mated wear the same and that should help keep it under safe guidelites I'm not a computer Wizz so if someone reads this and send to the governor maybe it might his mind and open up the charter boats. By the way I live in Pennsylvania so i have nothing vested in this is just think ito unfair that us private fisherman can go out and fish but the charter boats can't it's just not right. Good fishing and be safe and hearthy out there.  Lonewolf

I'm not a charter either but I could not agree with you more.   With our short season in the Great Lakes, if they lose another month of charters,  some guys will lose their business.  The slip payments, boat payments, licensing fees and insurance payments all continue but hard to pay them with no revenue coming in.