well i made it back to the brown blast yesterday and what a blast it was if you like fast actoin and coho fishing now is the time

i had heavy action and my old fishing buddie on board to day for the contest we set lines around 7 am and had 9 cohos , a small king and 2 nice browns by 7:45 and cound not seem to get any more brown by 9:00 so we started out west to look for a king or for some more weight and all we could get was more cohos as we went all the way to 55 fow .i did talk with a few others that did very good for browns later in the morenig {10 to 12 }

well to make a long story short we ended up 30 for 33 ,27 coho 2 brown and 1 small king

hot baits where any color j-7 or j-9 rapela any coler thin fin and a 00- red dodger and blue dolphin mini fly

lines where set 175 to 200 back on the skys and riggers where set 4 to 8 ft

most fish where on the high lines on the skies

most boat reported catching 20 to 40 fish this morening, water temp was around 43 deg:cool:

Great report Terry,

I still cannot go till the first event at Port Sheldon. With my boat STILL NOT READY and my daughter having me do things for the wedding and my other daught having softball tourneys on Saturdays, Im still to busy to fish out there.

Rich

I received three phone calls from different people fishing out of St. Joe yesterday. Two guys said this is "The best Coho fishing in St. Joe in 15 years" and everyone is very surprised. Most guys got 20-30 Cohos in 1-2 hours, a few Browns, a few Lake Trout, and very very few Kings. Yesterday, fishing was a lot slower in Michigan City than it was in St. Joe. It took boats 8-10 hours to get 25-30 Cohos there with no other species being caught.

well rich if you ever get a free day and want to go just let me no, the offer is always there

and yes its the best ive seen there in a long ,long time and maybe they will be a little closer to home in a few weeks

Thanks Terry,

As of right now I just got my boat allready and now I am cleaning the garage.

Rich

Finally got the 1st trip for the year! :grin:

Ended up 9 for 9 in about 1.5 hours of fishing. (4:00 pm till 5:30 pm)

26 - 44 fow just south of the peirs in St. Joseph.

2 coho's on corner rigger 15 down, 50 ft lead; orange j-11 rapala

1 king on dipsey setting 3 33 back; black j-11 rapala

2 coho's on inline side planer 90 behind board; orange countdown rapala

2 coho's on inline side planer 80 behind board; red/black thinfin

1 coho on inline side planer 60 behind board; red/black wiggle wart

1 brown trout on inline side planer 80 behind board; red/black thinfin

coho's 1.75 lb to 3.25 lb

king 2.25 lbs

brown trout 10 lb 0 oz

Hope this helps.

Looks like fishing was really good for every one!!!! Which is great!!!:cool: