Brown Blast

GLF

:P I was unable to fish in the Brown Blast because it was moved to Sunday. My hats off to the Fishdog guys, Mark and Steve, for thinking of everyones safety and moving it to Sunday.

I did however make it to the weigh in. I met a few of you and appeared that everyone that went out had a great time. The fishing was not as hot as what it had been this past week. No doubt the weather or Friday and Saturday scattered the fish.

I did not get a chance to stick around and see who one the tournament. My youngest was ill and we had to leave. I saw some browns, coho, and kings being weighed in. Team Running Arends weighed in a really nice spring king. I believe this fish hit the scale at around 13lbs.

MVC-017S.JPG

You have to excuse me for not know everyones names. This next team weighed in a nice mixed bag of fish including a really nice brown.

MVC-016S.JPG

I believe their total weight was around 22lbs and they may have been the ones that one the tournament.

MVC-015S.JPG

We have seen the big fish of the tourney, now we need to see the little one. I believe this honor went to Team Six Shooter. Notice how tasty this fish looks as Jim is licking his lips

MVC-018S.JPG

Notice the extension of the fish to make this appear as a lunker :P If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would have sworn it was an alewive.

I amost forgot about one photo. Not only did Team Six Shooter have one Lunker, they had another.

MVC-014S.JPG

Those are two fish to be proud of :D

It look like everyone had a great time. Maybe I will be able to fish in the Brown Blast next year.

I have to agree with Mike, The Fishdog Guys put on another great event AGAIN. Mark and Steve, not to mention the wives, did an outstanding job hosting the Brown Blast.

The Fishing could have been better, but seeing old friends and meeting some new ones pretty much overshadowed the slow fishing.

Even though the South lost the Trophy to the West again this spring, We'll see you in the fall :D . I for one, and I think I can speak for my crew, had a wonderful time and look forward to the next event.

Thanks Again, Mark, Steve, Darla, and Connie for making this another memorable event.:) :) :)

Well I whish I could have made the weigh in but do to Mother Nature forcing the change to Sunday I had to get back. Great to get out on the water again, thanks for the boat ride Wayne and don't worry farmer Larry msybe next time you can land some fish. :D Hope to see ya all again for the next event.

Thanks for the great time and the wonderful hospitality shown towards both myself and my son. This goes towards all those who also came up and talked with my son and treated him like any other fisherman out there even though he is only 8! A special thanks to the Fishdog guys and gals for a wonderful time back at the "Lodge", and especially to Steve who let me and my son tag along and catch a few fish, and for showing him around in the "basement" so he could spend his birthday money. What a dream kid, his idea of a birthday present was to pick out his own lures!!

Check out his face in the top picture with that king, do you think he had fun?! :D

Thanks from both of us,

Gary 2 and Gary 3

Nice pictures !!

Thanks to Mark, Steve, and anyone who had a hand in putting it on.

Even though I didn't catch but 2 small coho, I was lucky enough not to eat the banana and through the peeling overboard. I'll make use of the rod/reel for sure.

We had a great time !!

Ned

aka: SeaGar or catchnrelease

Sorry for not posting earlier but I spent most of yesterday with my boss getting lined up on a new job before he heads off on vacation.

Well I want to thank everyone for making the Brown Blast one of my favorite events of the year. We had a great turn out this year with 19 boats. We had a total of 57 fish weighed in with 9 of them Browns. The biggest brown this year was a 7.2 lbs caught by Horseshoe and his crew and they also caught 3 of the 9 browns. Catfishhoge caught 2 of the 9 brown and Reel Turner, Fist Full Of Dollars, Fish-On and Running Arends each caught 1 brown. The big fish went to me (Running Arends) with a 12.2 lbs spring king and smallest fish went to Six Shooter with a king that would not even register on the scale.

Here was the standing:

1st place – Horseshoe weighing 5 fish – 3 browns – 24lbs – for a total of 89 points

2nd place – Catfishhoge weighing 5 fish – 2 browns – 19.8lbs – for a total of 79.8 points

3rd place – Running Arends weighing 5 fish – 1 browns – 21.4lbs – for a total of 76.4 points

4th place – DonP weighing 5 fish – 0 browns – 22.2lbs – for a total of 72.2 points

5th place – Fist Full Of Dollars weighing 4 fish – 1 browns – 12.2lbs – for a total of 57.2 points

6th place – Sixshooter weighing 5 fish – 0 browns – 7lbs – for a total of 57 points

7th place – Sidfishious weighing 4 fish – 0 browns – 13.8lbs – for a total of 53.8 points

8th place – Fish-On weighing 3 fish – 1 browns – 11.4lbs – for a total of 46.4 points

9th place – Adjusted3 weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 10.2lbs – for a total of 30.2 points

10th place – Reel Turner weighing 2 fish – 1 browns – 4.4lbs – for a total of 29.4 points

11th place – SalmonSlayer weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 8.2lbs – for a total of 28.2 points

12th place – Midway weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 6.6lbs – for a total of 26.6 points

13th place – Ned weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 5.6lbs – for a total of 25.6 points

14th place – DangerDan weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 5lbs – for a total of 25 points

15th place – Andge weighing 2 fish – 0 browns – 3.8lbs – for a total of 23.8 points

16th place – Leprechaun weighing 1 fish – 0 browns – 2.4lbs – for a total of 12.4 points

17th place – Caznik weighing 1 fish – 0 browns – 2.2lbs – for a total of 12.2 points

Spoon Fed and Brett came in with no fish.

Now the South vs. West the standings were:

South team – 37.26 points per boot

West team – 49.67 points per boot

The West ended up taking the Wooden Fishy home.

Once again guys thanks for a great time and I’m looking forward to the King Challenge and bringing the Fishy back home.

Steve